World Families Forums - Pierre Morin dit Boucher...J1 or R1B

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 04:17:17 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'M'
| | |-+  Moren (Moderator: morenAdmin)
| | | |-+  Pierre Morin dit Boucher...J1 or R1B
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pierre Morin dit Boucher...J1 or R1B  (Read 389 times)
samoray

« on: December 14, 2013, 01:28:44 PM »

Hello,

I noticed on the results page that members of two different haplogroups are both claiming Pierre Morin dit Boucher as the last known ancestor. Obviously this cannot be the case (genetically). I am member of the J1 haplogroup. Unfortunately my brickwall is with an Israel Morey who immigrated to the US from Canada in 1850 and I have no paper trail to a Morin line. I do, however, have 5 Y-DNA matches all with the Morin surname, who trace their lines to Pierre Morin dit Boucher, all through Pierre's son Pierre (b 1662). I am new to researching the Morin surname, so must rely on other's research for now, but the matches I have been in contact with (probably some of you) are fairly certain of their pedigree. I'm wondering how the R1B members trace their tree and how certain they are of it. It seems the J1 members seem to go fairly far back before converging. If the matching R1B members have a much more recent common ancestor I would posit a possible error in the records or a non-paternal event in that line. Somewhere, something is out of whack. Opinions?

-Steve Moray
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 18 queries.