World Families Forums - Descendants of Landlot Porter, b SC in mid 1700's, settled in MS Terr circa 1790

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 10:12:10 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'P'
| | |-+  Porter (Moderator: Brian Porter)
| | | |-+  Descendants of Landlot Porter, b SC in mid 1700's, settled in MS Terr circa 1790
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Descendants of Landlot Porter, b SC in mid 1700's, settled in MS Terr circa 1790  (Read 193 times)
Janice Tracy

« on: December 14, 2013, 12:31:51 PM »

I am descended from Samuel Porter, b. 1799 in SC, married Mary Middleton in Franklin Co., MS in May 1825. Later settled in Madison and Attala Counties in MS. There was another Mary Middleton who married John Porter in Franklin Co. in 1808. Have had a male descendant of Samuel Porter Y-DNA tested and results are included with PORTER Surname Project on worldfamilies.net. His results match those of Shadrack Porter and John Porter of early VA. Can any of you who are researching Porter family history in SC (i.e. descendants of Hugh Porter, Hancock Porter, and Landlot Porter) tell me from whom Samuel, b. 1799 in SC descends. By the way, the Haplogroup for my Porter relative, as well as John and Shadrack, is showing up with a Haplogroup finding of J1.

jtracy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 18 queries.