World Families Forums - DF81 in Iberia

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 08:24:37 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  R1b General (Moderator: rms2)
| | |-+  DF81 in Iberia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DF81 in Iberia  (Read 996 times)
realdealt

« on: September 21, 2013, 03:22:50 AM »

I was looking at the R1bP312xL21 Haplotypes spreadsheet created by Mike Walsh in the DF27 Yahoo Group and he has done a great job of sorting the various subclades (and potential candidates) under P312. Of interest to me is the group that is potentially DF81+. Looking at the haplotypes, I see what looks like some very telling marker values that possibly identify DF81 individuals.

Those values are DYS458=16, DYS487=14 and possibly DYS449=28. A value of DYS439=11 also appears noteworthy. Of course these values are not a definitive indicator of DF81 as they have also been found in at least two R-U152 persons.

To date, there have been four persons of Iberian ancestry who tested positive for DF81. The surnames are Uriarte, Zúñiga, Tello, and Zambrano (my ancestral lineage). In the group of potential and confirmed DF81+ individuals, the surnames are a majority Iberian with many being Basque. Several non-Iberian descent individuals have tested negative. With the surnames that were confirmed positive it appears this may be emerging as a Basque subclade. More testing is needed and I would encourage those individuals who are R1b-P312 and especially in the subclade DF27 having this combination of markers to get themselves tested for DF81.

Robert Tarín
realdealt

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 05:58:18 AM »

There is now another DF81+ result. It is kit 227501 Rodríguez. This makes a total of 5 persons so far, all of Iberian origin and likely all of Basque ancestry. The surnames are Uriarte, Zúñiga, Tello, Zambrano and now Rodríguez. What is interesting to me is that a comparison of the Rodríguez haplotype and mine indicates a likely common ancestor about 600 years ago. My direct lineage is with the Zambrano family and coincidentally there is a Basque line with the Rodríguez-Zambrano dual name that settled in southern Spain in Andalucía. There are also Rodríguez-Zambrano individuals in the 1500s in Mexico, almost the time and place that my ancestry has been traced to. Needless to say, I encourage persons with those particular marker values listed in the previous message to consider testing for DF81.
rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 09:32:46 AM »

Hopefully, the Big Y test will turn up some more DF81+ guys.

I hope so.

realdealt

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 02:14:16 PM »

I created a modal haplotype for DF81 based upon the five SNP tested results. It is Ysearch 3NMNZ
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 19 queries.