World Families Forums - Geno 2.0

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 03:41:20 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  R1b-L21 (Moderator: rms2)
| | |-+  Geno 2.0
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Geno 2.0  (Read 1171 times)
rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« on: October 28, 2013, 08:47:41 PM »

I ordered the Geno 2.0 for my 83-year-old dad when it was on sale for $150. I heard from him today: he has done the cheek scraping and the paperwork and will mail the kit in the morning. Great! I look forward to the results.

So, I have the Chromo2 Complete on order for myself and the Geno 2.0 for my dad. Should be an interesting December.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 08:48:55 PM by rms2 » Logged

rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 10:03:07 PM »

Geno 2.0 is on sale for $159.99 (normal price $199.99).

If you are ordering a Geno 2.0 kit for someone else, especially an elderly relative, be sure to tell that person to get his or her Participant ID number from the kit and give it to you. You need the Participant ID to register online at the Genographic Project web site and access the results.

IF YOU LOSE IT, YOU ARE SCREWED!

Once you register with the ID, you're good, but until then, what you paid for that kit and the results absolutely depend on that code.

Nat Geo will not be able to help you, since the kits are not submitted by name. They are anonymous samples, known only by that Participant ID until you register your ID and supply more info.

You have been warned!

I almost made this error of errors with my dad's kit. If I had not seen some guys discussing the Participant ID over on the L21 Facebook page, I would have been out the money I paid for the Geno 2.0 test and would never have been able to see the results! Before I talked to my dad by phone, I called Geno 2.0. They could not help me! I finally got hold of my dad. He was able to go to his trash can and retrieve the Participant ID and give the info to me so I could register his kit with Nat Geo.

PHEW!

Thank God!

Had I waited another day, that ID number would have been gone for good!

I had thought Nat Geo would send me the info by email, since I gave them my email address when I ordered the kit, but that is not the way it works.

rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 10:17:37 PM »

Just looked at the Geno 2.0 web site. My dad's test is 40% complete.

rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 09:35:55 PM »

My dad's Geno 2.0 test is up to 80% complete now.

Sometime soon, hopefully . . .

(I'm really interested in finding out what his mtDNA haplogroup is.)

rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 03:27:50 PM »

My dad's Geno 2.0 results came in on 14 January. His mtDNA haplogroup is K1a1. Naturally, he is CTS2501+ (DF41+) on the y-dna end of things.

erum

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 06:04:10 AM »

I had thought Nat Geo would send me the info by email, since I gave them my email address when I ordered the kit, but that is not the way it works.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 18 queries.