World Families Forums - iberian R-L21

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2016, 11:20:48 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  R1b-L21
| | |-+  iberian R-L21
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: iberian R-L21  (Read 1271 times)
robert cordova

« on: March 21, 2015, 03:28:10 PM »

I recently happened to come across your website regarding Iberian R-L21 and was rejuvenated by seeing the list of Iberians  having L21 and DF13 bboth positive. I am positive for both of these SNP's but have not been able to find a downstream connection. My paternal ancestry is Spanish from Galicia and the family line is very ancient originating in Galicia. I am WAMH and have tested for more than 80 markers and 30 SNPs through Familytree especially those including Spanish surnames which are very few. Also, I  do not fit the Irish-Scottish modal. Some DF13s containing Spanish surnames like DF41, SRY2627, DF27 and Z253 are negative for me.  According to my understanding of the L21 phylogen-tree, SNP49 (I am negative) is the oldest of the DF13s 14 SNPs, L513 is directly younger and C4466, L679, C2457 are the youngest to date. So, if my DF49 is negative and characterizes the British Isles as do the rest of the 14 SNPs according to the literature, my DF13 may terminate in Iberia. And therefore, it seems to me that it would not be worth my while to test further until additional DF13 subfamilies are found. I suspect that there must be exclusively Iberian SNPs descending from DF13+ that have not been found to date.  What do think about my situation? Please give me some feedback. Thanks, Robert Cordova

r. cordova
Eugene Powell Willard

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 02:45:55 PM »

Hello, Robert, We have the  L21, marker from our Irish lineage. When we were in Ireland in 2007, we visited Galway, Ireland. It is our understanding that there is an extension of Iberian-Irish who live there..  The legend told was that a few of the Spanish came onto the Irish shores, while sailing the Spanish galleons, during the Armada.   The first president of Ireland, I believe was Ramon de Valero.  Maybe you will find something if you Google the Spanish in Ireland, during the middle ages, or the Spanish Armanda and the Irish....or some thing that may pull up some history on that.  Also the Library of Family Genealogy in Galway, Ireland, may have some information for you.   (James Joyce's wife was from Galway...but do not know if they had the same heritage as the Iberian-Irish.)  I think the tradition of this clan, was that the men wore red sashes around their waist, and the women wore red petti-coats, under their skirts.
Best of Luck, to you!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 02:49:22 PM by Eugene Powell Willard » Logged

Eugene Powell Willard
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 18 queries.