World Families Forums - GENOGRAPHIC RESULTS ... HELP!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 04:18:55 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  GENOGRAPHIC RESULTS ... HELP!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GENOGRAPHIC RESULTS ... HELP!  (Read 1185 times)
pensorapido

« on: October 19, 2013, 12:14:32 PM »

I just received my Genographic results and I am quite sceptical about them...

By maternal line my haplogroup is J1c2 and by paternal side is R-L21. Till now no doubt, despite the geographical dispersion of these two groups.

What is puzzling me, is that the result refer 2% of my DNA as originating in a geographical area which I am not aware of having ancestors in any of the both lines.
By the other hand, if I had ancestors with these characteristics in the last 6 generations, I think the percentage value would be higher 2%.
Someone can help me to clarify this?

Maliclavelli
Guru

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 01:47:18 PM »

I just received my Genographic results and I am quite sceptical about them...

By maternal line my haplogroup is J1c2 and by paternal side is R-L21. Till now no doubt, despite the geographical dispersion of these two groups.

What is puzzling me, is that the result refer 2% of my DNA as originating in a geographical area which I am not aware of having ancestors in any of the both lines.
By the other hand, if I had ancestors with these characteristics in the last 6 generations, I think the percentage value would be higher 2%.
Someone can help me to clarify this?

Why your Italian nickname and your Y (R-L21) very rare in Italy? Which is your origin?
Perhaps you should send your Geno 2.0 data to the R-L21 project to see which are your mutations.

Maliclavelli

YDNA: R-S12460

MtDNA: K1a1b1e

pensorapido

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 07:00:41 PM »

Hi Maliclavelli!

Thanks for your reply.

My origin is Ourense in Galicia, Spain.
What is amazing on my DNA results is the reference of 2% of Southeast Asian... neither my mother and father families ever had contacts with Asia. Ourense is a small town, very far from the center of the colonial empire ...
I am almost sure  if I had Asian ancestors in the last 6 generations, I think the percentage value would be higher 2%. By other hand, I can't believe that these 2% are from a branch P128 of 45000 years ago ... anyway the Genographic results tell that I still have 1,8% Neanderthal and 0,8% Denisovan. 

Plese tell me more details about R-L21 project.
Maliclavelli
Guru

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 12:50:56 AM »

Hi Maliclavelli!

Thanks for your reply.

My origin is Ourense in Galicia, Spain.
What is amazing on my DNA results is the reference of 2% of Southeast Asian... neither my mother and father families ever had contacts with Asia. Ourense is a small town, very far from the center of the colonial empire ...
I am almost sure  if I had Asian ancestors in the last 6 generations, I think the percentage value would be higher 2%. By other hand, I can't believe that these 2% are from a branch P128 of 45000 years ago ... anyway the Genographic results tell that I still have 1,8% Neanderthal and 0,8% Denisovan. 

Please tell me more details about R-L21 project.

II don't mind much to the autosomal, but the Neanderthal&Denisovan's percentages are probably reliable and the South-Asian one could be due to Gypsies, diffused in Iberia.
R-L21, so rare in Italy, is more diffused in Spain and could have been brought there from German people after the fall of the Roman Empire or to be ancient. At this point it could be interesting a STRs test, but by Geno 2.0, if you send your data to the R-L21 FTDNA Project, you should know which is your subclade of R-L21 and understand the origin of your haplotype.

Maliclavelli

YDNA: R-S12460

MtDNA: K1a1b1e

palamede

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 08:19:32 AM »

L21 is not surprising in Galicia, because dominant in Ireland, West Britain and French Brittany and very present in the remaining Britain and the costs from Belgium to Cantabria and Galicia through West France.

In the core of the Basque Country L21 is 20-25% of population  and mt J1c very frequent, mainly on Basque coasts in France and Spain.

I don't think we should give a lot of importance to Roman period, exen though there is move through the Empire of Soldiers, merchants and slaves.

Re-population of Spain during Reconquista has also some importance.

But more important , move during Megalithic period.
Although my opinion, is rarely shared, I think L21 is the marker of Magdalenian population (17,000-12,000BC) living in the sheltered valleys  along Atlantic Coast during winter  and running in the  still emerged Atlantic Plain during summer .

Gypsies have A south Asian componenr but not a South-East Asian componant, but Ourense is not away from Galician and Portuguese ports, it is not surprising. Philippines and Asian Coasts were the targets of  the ships of these ports from 16th  century to 18th century.
For the Sspanish and Portuguese ports like Barcelona, Sevilla, Lisbona, .. the genetic analysis of Y and Mt dna gives some exotic haplogroups almost always, therefore certainly a small part of exotic dna in autosomal dna.

Y=G2a3b1a2-L497 Wallony-Charleroi; Mt=H2a2a1 Normandy-Bray
Dodecad-DiY: E Eur 9,25% W Eur 48,48% Med 28,46% W Asia 11,70%
World9: Atl-Balt 67,61% Southern 13,23% Cauc-Gedr 12,73%
K12a: North-E 39,71% Med 37,9% Cauc 12,55% Gedr 5,78% SW Asia 2,13%
rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 10:04:06 AM »

. . .

My origin is Ourense in Galicia, Spain . . .

Plese tell me more details about R-L21 project.

Have you joined the R-L21 Plus Project yet?

The R-L21 Plus Project

I hope you will.

L21 in Galicia is not at all surprising, given Galicia's Celtic history. There is a pretty obvious connection between L21 and Celtic-speaking peoples.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 10:04:59 AM by rms2 » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 18 queries.