World Families Forums - Ambrones-euburones connection?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 01:44:40 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  R1b General (Moderator: rms2)
| | |-+  Ambrones-euburones connection?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ambrones-euburones connection?  (Read 341 times)
Ambiorix

« on: September 05, 2013, 09:11:06 AM »

Hello everybody,
I'm david from limburg (belgium).Last year i did join the national geno-project(2.0), seems my y-dna is r1b more precise r1b-u106 (r-z306).
The dialect in my region (also dutch limburg and a part of germany) is a two-toned language. The only other two-toned germanic language is swedish- norwegian. We prolong our vowels a lot so it seems like we are singing (+it also seems like we're stupid according to my fellow compatriots( belgians)). When i was on holiday in sweden they recognised this singing and sometimes the swedish did better understand my limburgish dialect then my english ( pardon my english, it's not so good).
The ambrones, kimbren and teutones were germanic people, women and children too, that left their homeland (jutland-south-scandinavia) probably for climatological reasons around 105 bc.
They went on a long journey,seeking new land, fought a lot of battles (against romans and celts). Finally they were defeated by the roman Marius. This was a very able general, he tricked the cimbren, supposedly granting them free passage but attacking them anyway.
According to Jules Cesar the remnants of these tribes formed the aduatuci: a tribe in the region of limburg (belgic-dutch). The Ambrones are not mentioned...but ambiorix the leader (they had 2 kings)of the euburones (also a tribe in the limburg region) revolted against the romans around 60 bc, he was the instigator of the belgae rebellion. Ambiorix granted a roman general free passage but ambushed his troops and slaughtered 5000 soldiers. 50 year old sweet revenge?
Somebody got some input?

Rare jongens die romeinen
gtc
Old Hand

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 11:52:55 PM »

Last year i did join the national geno-project(2.0), seems my y-dna is r1b more precise r1b-u106 (r-z306).

Welcome.

As you are U106, you are eligible to join the FTDNA U106 project, which is quite active.

There is an associated Yahoo discussion group.

So, if you haven't already, please consider joining these.

Y-DNA: R1b-Z12* (R1b1a2a1a1a3b2b1a1a1) GGG-GF Ireland (roots reportedly Anglo-Norman)
mtDNA: I3b (FMS) Maternal lines Irish
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 17 queries.