World Families Forums - Welcome Breretons (in addition to any Brerertons)

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 05:21:54 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'B'
| | |-+  Brereton (Moderator: breretonadmin)
| | | |-+  Welcome Breretons (in addition to any Brerertons)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Welcome Breretons (in addition to any Brerertons)  (Read 386 times)
Michael Sandford

« on: July 30, 2013, 10:24:10 AM »

As a result of several people showing interest in a project focusing on Brereton DNA  (and allied spellings), Terry has revived this project which he set up in 2005 for Brererton and which never had any participants.

My own quick survey of spellings in England shows that the Brereton spelling far outnumbers the Brererton variety. I checked freebmd.org.uk (1837 to about 1965) and found
Brererton 3,
Brereton 13545.

For my sins Terry has appointed me a co-admin for the project. I am starting by getting some content on these pages. Then will come a campaign to recruit people to test.

Thoughts from anyone on about how best to proceed will be very welcome, either posted here or by direct email to me.

Michael Sandford
( My mother was a Norfolk Brereton, so I will have to find a cousin to provide my lines y-DNA)
Brewerton1949

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 01:32:43 PM »

So glad that you have started this DNA project. My father, David Brewerton, connects to a Brereton from a branch from Ireland. Am hoping for more connections.

I run the one-name study on the name BREWERTON at www.onenamedstudy.tribalpages.com and the BREWERTON DNA project at FTDNA.
Michael Sandford

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 02:19:22 PM »

Brewerton1949 (Jeanie), Thanks for your father's pedigree which is now displayed on the project's patriarch page at http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/brereton/pats.
The present status of the project is that we are expecting results from testing the Breretons of Trinidad line around mid September. Also I am in the process of recruiting one of my male Brereton cousins to provide a test for the Breretons of Norfolk line.
More pedigrees from other Breretons, who are thinking of testing will be very welcome.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 18 queries.