World Families Forums - DNA study of "Cubb Creek" John Caldwell & his Male Descendants

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 29, 2014, 09:21:03 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'C'
| | |-+  Caldwell (Moderator: Gaye f. Caldwell-Kent)
| | | |-+  DNA study of "Cubb Creek" John Caldwell & his Male Descendants
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DNA study of "Cubb Creek" John Caldwell & his Male Descendants  (Read 333 times)
edwirvin

« on: February 26, 2014, 02:30:08 PM »

First time to this forum.  I descend from the Irvins of  Bedford county. Va of the 1760's.  I am reasonably certain I have Caldwell ancestry but it is on the maternal side.  I have been enrolled in the Irwin DNA Project since 2000.  The results of my test have led to some great discoveries in my genealogical research.  Some were surprising to say the least.  The specific technical details of the DNA science eludes me.  I am an old dinosaur but I am a firm believer in the outcome.  I care little for haplotypes or mutations, etc.  I have some questions about the Caldwell results.  I hope I am addressing the appropriate forum.
      Has the Caldwell Study uncovered a proven and documented descendant of the John Caldwell of Chestnut Level, Drumore Twp. Pa., then later of the famous Cubb Creek Settlement of Lunenburg/Charlotte county of Virginia.  I am a primary source researcher and I know much of the old stories of the Caldwell is shrouded in mythology and undocumented nonsense.  I am hoping DNA science has uncovered some leads.  I know the Irwin project has shown around 60 or 70? completely unrelated families.  I also know the Mitchell DNA Project shows seven families of completely unrelated families in just Bedford county, Va. in the years just before the Rev. War.  What seems to stand out in the Caldwell Study?  I implicitly trust the science of DNA.  The paper trail of one's ancestors is a different story.

Edwin Dean Irvin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 19 queries.