World Families Forums - Gentry Family Pedigrees

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 09:44:07 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'G'
| | |-+  Gentry (Moderator: Nicolas Taban)
| | | |-+  Gentry Family Pedigrees
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gentry Family Pedigrees  (Read 2743 times)
Nicolas Taban

« on: January 03, 2005, 04:13:40 PM »

Welcome to the Pedigree Forum for the Gentry Surname Project!

Project’s Website: http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/gentry/
[Navigate to all pages of the project's website using the links across the top of the page.]

We invite you to submit your "Pedigree".

1. If you are a member of the project, send the pedigree by email directly to carrie@worldfamilies.net and she or the Project Administrator will post it on the project's Patriarchs Page (www.worldfamilies.net/surname/gentry/pats).

Please include the following:
# Name of project
# Kit Number if tested
# Name of person posting pedigree
# Email address to be posted with pedigree:
# Name, birthdate, birthplace, spouse of Earliest Known Ancestor
# List each succeeding generation below, using only those four items of information (or substitute another item of information if missing an item)

2. You are invited to post your pedigree on the forum below if you are:
a.  A Researcher who is not a member of the Surname DNA Project, but wishes to share a family pedigree.
b.  A Project Member who wishes to post a more extended version of their pedigree to supplement the “stripped down” pedigree posted on the Patriarch Page.

To post on this Pedigree Forum:
1.  Register and log in at www.worldfamilies.net.
(How do I register to post a pedigree? Click here http://www.worldfamilies.net/register)
(I've already registered. How do I log in? Click here http://www.worldfamilies.net/alreadyregistered)

2.  When you have logged in, scroll to the last posting on this forum, click "reply" and post your pedigree.
a.  Please do not include names for anyone born after 1910, to protect privacy.
b.  If you have questions or are unable to post your pedigree on this forum, please contact carrie@worldfamilies.net

For a step-by-step guide to using DNA for genealogy, please read DNA the Smart Way www.worldfamilies.net/smart
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 12:11:11 PM by Carrie » Logged
mary jane

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 09:43:12 AM »

My great grandmother was Dora Bell Gentry married to Theodore Filmore Foley.
Dora Bell's father was Joseph O. Gentry. 
Carrie
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 11:24:00 AM »

Hi, mary jane.  If you have any other information on Joseph (especially birthplace and date) I will be more than happy to post his name on the patriarch page.  Thanks and good luck with your research!

Carrie
vpgentry

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 12:00:45 AM »

Richard Gentry b c1812 in North Carolina
 m Margaret McCurley(?) c 1831
  James K. Polk Gentry b June 1846 d after June 1, 1900
   Arthur Loran Gentry b Nov. 22, 1880 in AL; d Nov. 21, 1951 in Clay Co, AL
    C.L. Gentry b Cherokee Co, AL
      Timothy Gentry b Talladega Co, AL
rememberthem

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 01:43:36 AM »

Walter Henry Gentry b. 12/18/1885  Bluff Springs, FL m Mamie McClammy d. 2 Feb 1975 Pensacola, Escambia, FL   son of

Gilbert Martin Gentry b. 1843, GA    m Exaline Durden  d. 1920   Bluff Springs, FL son of

Ransom H. Gentry  b. c1802 GA  m. Lena Brook   d. 1863 Conf Prison Camp, Moline, IL  son of

Martin Gentry b.c1770   SC            m. M Loree  1785         d 1860  GA

Carrie
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 12:14:39 PM »

From an email sent by Nicolas Taban [Nicolas.taban AT hotmail.com]:

Louis, b. 30 January 1765 in Placy, France (14505 Calvados, Normandie) and d. before 1826. Father unknown. As his 2 brothers and 2 sisters he was given his mother’s surname “Marie” (Marie GERMAIN) as family name. However, for unknown reason, he and at least one of his brothers took the name of “TABAN” after the French revolution (end of 1792) and all children from then on are called “TABAN”. He was married to Elisabeth Mihaire the 18th of January 1792 (using the family name “Marie”).

Their first son, Louis Jacques Martin Taban was born the 11th of November 1792 in Notre-Dame-d'Estrées (14, Calvados, Normandie, France ) and registered using “TABAN” as family name. Married to Marie, Anne, Catherine David, the 16th of August 1812.

Louis Berthile Taban was born the 15th April 1820 in Bieville (14, Calvados, Normandie, France ). Married to Céléstine Désirée Bosset, the 23rd April 1844.

Pierre Berthille Taban was born the 16th September 1844 in Brocottes (14, Calvados, Normandie, France). Married to Marie Eugénie Rillon (or Rilyon), the 31st October 1895

Marcel Nestor Pierre Taban was born the 20th July 1896 in Cléville (14, Calvados, Normandie, France). Maried to Marie Langlois, the 18th of June 1920.

My Grand Father was born the 5th of August 1925 in Fontenoy-le Chateaux (88, Vosges, France).

My Father was born in 1946 in Paris (10)

I am born in 1974 in Bezons (95, Val D’Oise, France)

Kit 271418
Nicolas Taban

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 12:18:28 AM »

I am just adding some info I received concerning the 2 Brook(e)s in the project:
"
The kit numbers are:

We suspect their true MRCA was from a Gentry father and Brooks mother that happened to be Aunt and Uncle.

We can trace each man to two brothers and their father was born in 1748. He was the 1st cousin of my 5 x great grandfather [quote from a Brooks famillymember]. We have 11 Brooks descending from this line that match my DNA, but these two do not.

They do match "Gentry" DNA and the father of the two brothers was the nephew of a Gentry man and a Brooks woman who would also be the Aunt of my 5 x great grandfather.

We believe the father of the two was likely adopted from this Gentry/Brooks marriage and they would have the father's Y-DNA (Gentry's Y-DNA) and not the Brooks' one.

These Brooks men, one spelling his name with an "e", the other without, are therefore assumed to be blood cousins with their Gentry ancestry DNA [the Y-STR signature is confirming this assumption].

They both trace back to this family to around 1720 in Virginia.

The MRCA was the Rev. John Brooks b. 6 Jun 1748. His last son began using the name spelled Brookes. Everyone lists John as the son of Robert Brooks b. abt 1700, but I believe he is really the grandson of Robert's brother Richard Brooks III b. bet. 1680 and 1690. Two of Richard III's daughters married the cousins Nicholas and David Gentry. Richard gave both of them tracts of land that are well documented around 1743
"

Nicolas Taban.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 20 queries.