World Families Forums - Interesting

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 13, 2014, 08:26:22 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'R'
| | |-+  Rankin (Moderator: Lawrence M. "Larry" Rankin)
| | | |-+  Interesting
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interesting  (Read 518 times)
tomIIwrenn

« on: June 28, 2013, 02:11:09 PM »

As an avid DNA researcher over the past few years, I find it fascinating that the interrelationships between people of the same clan could be so different genetically.
I always believed that we were of the PA branch based on the records seen and otherwise. There must be some sort of relationship between this David who settled in Augusta County or was natively from there. the closest match from the DNA profile on record is from the Campbell clan. If one searches the boundaries between the Mcleans and the Campells, there seems to  have been little difference,
which may raise a larger question. Was David adopted by the Rankins and raised as a Rankin? Certainly, facial features between Rankins are very similar. Was David's mother a Rankin and his father died and he was raised with his Uncles or other relatives. His first wife, Margaret Kerr, was from a prominent Augusta County family and also had relatives in East Tennessee, which may have brought him to the area. He also served as a spy with a fellow Rankin named William at the Battle of King's Mountain as a spy later marrying William Campbell's daughter Ann. Did David actually adopt the name Rankin from his friend? Just a few interesting questions from a historic investigator of History and former History teacher.

BTW,    Ms. Hazel and Cousin Larry, I wanted to let you know of my late mom, Catherine Caroline Rankin's passing in 2010 from cancer. Now living with my wife and family in Missouri.

Many blessings, Tom Wrenn.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.