World Families Forums - Tyler Family Pedigrees with differing haplotypes

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 01:43:16 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'T'
| | |-+  Tyler (Moderator: tylerAdmin)
| | | |-+  Tyler Family Pedigrees with differing haplotypes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tyler Family Pedigrees with differing haplotypes  (Read 451 times)
MWTyler

« on: June 24, 2013, 07:48:00 PM »

There are several pedigrees posted which lead back to Henry Tyler (1604-1672) in Williamsburg, Virginia Colony.

When one looks at the results page, a vagrancy appears in that some descendants have an I2b1 haplotype and others have an R1b1a2 haplotype.

The R1b1a2 haplotypes link back through a John Tyler of St. Paul's Parish in Chowan County, North Carolina.

I also claim John Tyler as an ancestor and he resided in St. Paul's Parish in Hanover County, Virginia, and I am of the I2b1 haplotype.

I believe a problem exists with the source of the genealogical information tying the descendants of the North Carolina John Tyler back to Henry Tyler of Williamsburg in Virginia. There is scant paper evidence remaining, but what is available does not show John Tyler of Hanover County, Virginia moving to North Carolina as one researcher published over a decade ago. I have tried to communicate with that researcher, but my inquiries were met with a very "down-the-nose" attitude and no meaningful discussion was had.

My belief is two different John Tyler men were alive and raising their families simultaneously in two different St. Paul's Parishes and these two families have been confused, for reasons unknown to me, and this error is being perpetuated.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 18 queries.