World Families Forums - Searching for information on England's y-DNA comparison groups?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 07:36:14 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Searching for information on England's y-DNA comparison groups?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Searching for information on England's y-DNA comparison groups?  (Read 797 times)
raydeen2009

« on: June 05, 2013, 01:27:58 PM »

Our family line is "T1" y-DNA haplo group traced back to a Mann from 1635, England.
We would like to find Mann (s) in England desc from lines of the 1500-1600's to compare y-DNA. Is there a group or groups with information on different haplo groups in England and /or surname project groups in England which we could contact?

Raydeen
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 09:00:47 PM »

Interesting, as your kit either isn't in the Mann DNA Project or you haven't provided your Earliest Known Ancestor for the Mann Results page.

http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/mann/results

The Mann DNA project that operates at FTDNA and presents its info at WorldFamilies is the largest collection of yDNA on Mann families in the world

http://www.familytreedna.com/group-join.aspx?Group=mann

raydeen2009

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 08:14:17 PM »

Since I am a female. No, my y-DNA wouldn't be in the database.
But my closest living male cousins are in the familytreedna and ysearch database.
My ancestor in Ky was Robert Newberry Mann.
Another cousin in Ky we listed his line back to Robert Mann, Sr. of Va, down through Beverly Mann, in Mercer Co, Ky.
The others in the (T1) group on the family tree include cousins in Ga, Tn, AL, TX, VA, and other states. Desc from each of Robert Mann, Sr. sons Francis, Robert and Thomas.
(no sourced sons for John have been located yet)
Only 2-3 of the people tested in the (T1) group are not members of our Family research group. I am simply the "one" speaking on their behalf in the search for y-DNA to compare with our desc of Robert Mann, Sr.
Robert Mann, Sr. father is reportedly from south or southwestern England and left there circa 1635. Perhaps, Bristol, London, Kent ???
So we are looking for Male living Mann desc in those areas who can or have traced their lines in the area back to 1600's.
To date the only (T1) Mann line in America is ours. Which I find very interesting.

Raydeen
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 18 queries.