World Families Forums - Holt Family Pedigrees

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 08:47:10 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'H'
| | |-+  Holt
| | | |-+  Holt Family Pedigrees
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Holt Family Pedigrees  (Read 1045 times)
Marilyn Teaff Barton
Administrator
Guru

« on: June 05, 2013, 03:11:46 PM »

We invite you to submit your "Pedigree" for this Surname.   Our Surname Project is primarily interested in your Paternal line, as surnames are passed down from father to son, just as the yDNA is passed down. 

If you ARE A MEMBER of this Surname Project at Family Tree DNA, send your pedigree by email to WorldFamilies.net at mari@worldfamilies.net.  The pedigree will then be posted on the Surname Project's Patriarchs Page by Worldfamilies.net or sent to the Project’s Administrator.

Please include the following:  (If you have more information you would like to share, you may also post a more extended version of your family pedigree on the project website’s Pedigree Forum below)
•       Name of project
•       Kit Number
•       Name of person posting pedigree
•       Email address to be posted with pedigree
•       Name, birthdate, birthplace, spouse of Earliest Known Ancestor
•       List each succeeding generation, using only those four items of information (or substitute another item of information if missing an item)

If you are NOT A MEMBER of this Surname Project at Family Tree DNA, you are welcome to post your pedigree on the Pedigree Forum below.  We hope an interested researcher will see it and contact you to share information.

To post on this Pedigree Forum:
1.  Register and log in at www.worldfamilies.net.
(How do I register to post a pedigree? Click here http://www.worldfamilies.net/register)
(I've already registered. How do I log in? Click here http://www.worldfamilies.net/alreadyregistered)
2.  When you have logged in, scroll to the last posting on this forum, click "reply" and post your pedigree.
a.  Please do not include names for anyone born after 1910, to protect privacy.
b.  If you have questions or are unable to post your pedigree on this forum, please contact mari@worldfamilies.net

For a step-by-step guide to using DNA for genealogy, please read DNA the Smart Way www.worldfamilies.net/smart

« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 09:48:39 PM by WebMaster » Logged
Carrie
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 02:43:20 PM »

From an email sent by Joanne Holt Kearney [pepperdog AT mindspring.com]:

"Years ago there was more information on contributors posted as part of the Holt project. Alas, I think some of the people may no longer be with us. But I did save some of the information (I can send you all of what I noted if interested). I was able to talk with some people, but not others.

Here is what I have from my files that relate specifically to my line...... not sure you can use this in anyway.... but it was what was listed probably 5 years ago or so.

Separately I have been in touch with other descendants of Nicholas via other dna sites.... but they have not listed results here... and frankly it has been a number of years not sure these people are still around....

Test Number             name or email of contact that I have                                                                                      lineage

63919        -- Jane Breen last known email (jane@breen77.fsnet.co.uk)         --Holts of Ashworth & Gristlehurst, Lancs>George bef.1726 Lancs, Eng>George b. bef.1759 Lancs, Eng>Rev William Henry b.1804 Lancs, Eng >Dr George Challenor b.1836. Staffs, Eng>Reginald Crompton b.1874 Cheshire, Eng>Peter Owen b.1916 Yorks, Eng>Private

33086*    --I have tried to find this person closest I have gotten is to a tree that matches, but not person who submitted dna---Nicholas Holt>Connection Unk>James Wilson b.1820 NC>James Valentine NC>James Elijah TN>Private TN (I believe they inserted Nicholas because of my lineage which was on the site before theirs), I have seen a tree for this family and have no idea how they would be related to Nicholas could be a direct descendant or possibly distant cousin via another Holt)

*33085 had the same lineage listed as 33086 

123080        can't recall contact            Nicholas Holt>Connection Unk>Wilson Holt b.1820 NC or TN>Thomas Gordon b. c1853 TN>John Harrison Sr b.1890 TN>Private (once again.... I think they mention Nicholas because they matched the dna I submitted.... same line as above"

ncpirateus

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 05:55:56 PM »

Hello,  I am James Arlen Holt from a lineage dating back to Jonas Hold from Germany to Hans Michael Holt who immigrated to the U.S. via Germanna Colony in Virginia. He later moved to Alamance County, NC.  My FTDNA kit # is 185265 and have gotten several close matches that point to a common ancestor being John Holt, son of Hans Michael Holt who married a Mary Elizabeth Bobo and their son Jeremiah Holt being my direct ancestors. Jeremiah Holt had a son Col. Jeremiah Holt Jr., who had a son William Henry who seems to match details through our family's paper trail.
Please email me at ncpirateus@yahoo.com if you have any information or photos related to William Henry Holt who married Jane Coble in Alamance County.
Thank you!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 18 queries.