Project Name: McCaleb/McCalip
Researcher Posting: Janice McAlpine
1. Ephraim McCaleb b. abt. 1725, perhaps in Chester Co., Pennsylvania, or Northern Ireland, d. shortly before November 1770 on Little Troublesome Creek, in Orange Co., North Carolina. He married Catherine Sanders/Sanderson on December 12, 1750, at the Holy Trinity (Old Swedes) Church in Wilmington, New Castle Co., Delaware.
2. James McCaleb, Sr. b. abt. 1764, in Orange Co., North Carolina, d. 7 June 1828, in Hickman Co., Tennessee. He was buried in the McCaleb Family Cemetery, Peach Orchard, Little Lot, Hickman Co., Tennessee., James married Mary "Polly" Hallum about 1785, probably in Guilford/Rockingham Co., North Carolina.
3. John McCaleb b. 11 Jan 1789, in Rockingham Co., North Carolina, d. 1858 in Hickman Co., Tennessee. He married Sarah Hutchingson on 27 Feb 1809 in Tennessee.
4. Sarah (Sally) E. McCaleb b. abt. 1825 in Hickman Co., Tennessee, d. 3 Feb 1881 near Bells, Warren, Fannin Co., Texas. She married James Ellison Adcock abt. 1844 in Hickman Co., Tennessee.
5. Amanda Ellison Adcock b. 8 Aug 1861, Hill Co., Texas or Sherman, Grayson Co., Texas, d. 18 Aug 1939, Erick, Beckham Co., Oklahoma. She married Amzy Oda Page on 30 May 1880 in Warren, Fannin Co., Texas.
My husband is the g-grandson of Amzy and Amanda Adcock Page.