World Families Forums - All I2b haplogroups join the M223 project at FTNDA

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 01:11:32 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  I and Subclades
| | |-+  All I2b haplogroups join the M223 project at FTNDA
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: All I2b haplogroups join the M223 project at FTNDA  (Read 303 times)
PJButler

« on: October 27, 2013, 03:25:49 PM »

Please  if you are  I2b1 (I2a2a) join the M223 project at FTNDA you will learn a lot about your own DNA make up and perhaps find other members of you family

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/M223-Y-Clan/

This project is dedicated to the DNA study of persons testing positive for the M223 SNP or predicted as such. This currently places us in the I-M223 subclade of Haplogroup I.

The I-M223 Y-Haplogroup Project will provide Researchers and I-M223 Project Members with an organized layout of project results with project members assigned to proper subclades, which are defined by specific SNP's. The assignment of members to subclades will be done in accordance with the Cullen/Nordtvedt predictive tool but mainly FT DNA SNP testing results.

We know this project is in the right path. The I-M223 tree is incredibly old, and our surviving lines are much, much older than in the I1 Haplogroup, for example. In other words, we can expect a much more complex tree. In March of 2011, we had only six known SNP's downstream from M223. Look at how many we have now! We are working with ISOGG and FT DNA to get this new knowledge officially recognized. It will be beneficial to everyone who is M223+.

As you can see, we are in the right path to accomplish our goal: match specific SNP's to specific surnames going all the way back on the SNP tree to the emergence of M223, several thousand years ago.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:27:43 AM by PJButler » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 18 queries.