Ards Peninsula Families DNA Project Newsletter: July 2013
1. Bulk Emails Out - New Project News Pages
2. Project Pedigrees
3. New at PRONI Valuation Revision Books
4. FTDNA Summer Sale
1. Because our project has now grown to over 400 members, the "bulk email" feature provided to the group admins by FTDNA will no longer function properly. Using the bulk email resulted in my bulk emails being catogorized as "spam" which also resulted in my being blocked from contact and various other functions as a group admin at FTDNA, all unbeknownst to me. This was happening for about 6 months, but I finally got it straightened out.
In lieu of being able to send out our project news via the bulk email, we are going to post project news and updates here on our forum.
2. The good news is that our Ards Project Pedigrees posted here on our Ards Forum as of today has had 19,441 viewings. That is phenomenal!
The bad news is that we are still very short of project member pedigrees. We currently have over 400 Ards Project members, but only about 147 pedigrees that have been submitted for posting.
We realize that not everyone wishes to submit a simple line of descent for their kit, nor are they required to do so. There are cases where the project participant does not know their ancestral line back beyond 1913 (the cutoff point), or it may be a matter of personal privacy, and we understand and respect that this may be the case. But the fact is that most of the breakthroughs in finding information for the project members will come about because someone has seen something on one of these posted pedigrees, and they have come forward with additional information on that family line.
Also, it is important that project members know that the gedcoms that they may have entered into their FTDNA Personal Pages will not be copied and posted to these Ards Forum Pedigree Pages. If they wish to submit their direct line of descent information for posting, they must email the information to myself, Mary Becker, Ards Project group admin. at: email@example.com
And please include your kit number.
3. Exciting news for Ards Project family researchers. The Public Records Office of Northern Ireland (PRONI) has posted its first set of digitized historical records from their collection: the "Valuation Revision Books". These books record the changes that occurred in the Valuation records, and they cover the years 1864 - 1933. Here is a lin to the Valuation Revision Book Search pages at PRONI:http://www.proni.gov.uk/index/search_the_archives/val12b.htm
4. FTDNA has announced their 2013 Summer Sale on DNA test kits. This sale includes an incredibly discounted price on the Family Finder autosomal DNA test kits. This Summer Sale ends on July 26th, 2013. Here is a link where you can see what is on sale:http://www.familytreedna.com/
Have a great day!
Ards Peninsula Families DNA Projecthttp://www.familytreedna.com/public/ardsdnaproject/default.aspx