World Families Forums - Who was the first Bergman?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 02:22:18 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'B'
| | |-+  Bergman (Moderator: bergmanAdmin)
| | | |-+  Who was the first Bergman?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who was the first Bergman?  (Read 405 times)
BergmansofPoland

« on: May 18, 2013, 08:26:11 AM »

Hello
I am a Bergman. Haplogroup G2C /SNPM201 /DYS 425-Null. My family originated in the Austro Hungarian Empire.
   I can only trace as far back as my great grandfather, Nethanial, Prezes/Presses/ Bergman from the Town  Gorlice in the Voivodship of MaƂopolska. Jews werent allowed there until about 1750 so most lived in surrounding towns like Nowy Sacz and Krakow.
   There seem to be a great many Bergmans in the United States as there were in the Germanic countries.
    I was wonder whether the name Bergman, like subclades, was not a subclade of Berkman, or Burgman. Since Jews had to, by edicts in Germany, Prussia and the like, take on surnames by the 16th and and 17th century with their non Jewish neighbors already having started sooner, how can one really know when the surname kicked in.
  Nathaniel Prezes/Preses Bergman, probably born around 1855-1860s as I know for a fact my paternal grandfather was born in 1878 and allowing for early marriage and maybe early or not early child rearing. Thats all I know. There was never any talk nor mention of his father.

Most vitals that I see from the Austro Hungarian empire lack teh name Bergman as though it was near extinction, yet in America we have tons of Bergmans. Albeit most are probably Non Jewish, but surley before WW1 there must have been a  lot of Jewish Bergmans or maybe the names changed as I demonstrated.
   Ted Kendall bless his hardworking soul, has found a possible single ancestor to the G2C group of Jews.

Halpern    Zebulun Eliezer of Heilbronn b.abt. 1500- Out of the 67 markers I match 58 and if I go for the rest of the 111 markers I may be real close. My differences are only by one where the match is not exact.

In fact out of the 37 marker of the Levite tribe of the Samaritans on tap, I share 26 exact markers.

Im hitting my head against a wall. Based on what I wrote here, what would you folks do.

Is there a threshold where you would say, enough is enough, I will appreicate what I have learned and just be gratful that I increased my ancestral knowledge even if only a couple of notches.

Sorry to sound so pathetic.

Cheers to you all.

|
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 18 queries.