World Families Forums - mtDNA - J1b1a1b --- Looking for matches

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 25, 2016, 05:10:23 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  J and Subclades
| | |-+  mtDNA - J1b1a1b --- Looking for matches
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: mtDNA - J1b1a1b --- Looking for matches  (Read 374 times)
cindyk-oneill

« on: June 18, 2016, 11:21:26 AM »

I recently tested Family Tree mtDNA and came up with Haplogroup J1b1a1b. My direct female ascendant surnames are BRADBERRY (Eng); O'NEAL (Ire) or O'NEILL (Ire); SELLERS (Sct); SMILIE (Sct); CAMERON (Sct) - and then I hit a brick wall here. All of the above surnames appear in my families' migration paths of GB to possibly VA, to NC or SC, to GA, to AL. I have not crossed the ocean yet in my research, but these surnames are ALL from the British Isles (origins are in parentheses).  I realize these specific surnames may or may not appear in everyone's lineages, but the Haplogroup J1b1a1b is very specific and could possibly lead to family connections. I would very much like to communicate with anyone with either an exact match or very close match to this Haplogroup J1b1a1b. Thank you Cindy K.
Bettie Posey Bullard

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 11:15:23 AM »

Hello, Cindy. My mtDNA is J1b1a1b and family names are McRee, Godbold, McCall and McLaurin. Written and oral history goes back to Scotland,1610, but none of those names have turned up in my list of matches!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 19 queries.