World Families Forums - Scandinavian cousin to Nugents

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 02:09:42 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'N'
| | |-+  Nugent (Moderator: nugentAdmin)
| | | |-+  Scandinavian cousin to Nugents
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scandinavian cousin to Nugents  (Read 909 times)
Magnus Bäckmark

« on: April 27, 2013, 01:32:54 PM »

Hello,

I match on 37 markers to James Michael N (3 steps) and Michael Dennis N and Daniel Arthur N (both 4 steps). Would my test be of interest to the Nugent project at FTDNA? (For comparison, or so. I just now tested to join. Please just tell if I should leave.)

My known lineage begins with Karl Erik Eriksson Berggren, born in 1807 out of wedlock in Kalmar län, Sweden. The match with me might, I guess, indicate a distant root in Scandinavia for Nugents? (I match closer several St. Johns which family has a Norman pedigree.)

Anything on the Nugent family history from historical records (the lineage I match) would be of interest to me to learn more about.
James Michael Nugent

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 02:52:52 PM »

I am sorry for the delay in responding to your interest and offer to share information concerning the Berggren-Nugent connection.  I haven't checked in to the World Families forum for some time so missed your message. As you know the migration path for the Nugent surname goes from Ireland to England to France to Scandinavia.  Our DNA matchup appears to confirm that path.  Unfortunately, I have been unable to establish a connection beyond my American ancestors. I have reliable sources to confirm family link to William Nugent (1784-1850), but beyond that generation reliable sources become skimpy. I have sent an inquiry to Michael Dennis Nugent but have not received a reply.  Has he replied to your post?  I did receive a reply from St John.  The Nugent Family Tree can be accessed through Ancestry.com but if you are not a member do not hesitate to contact me for any family history I have researched.  Have you been able to determine the lineage between Nugent and Berggren? Thanks again for the information you have shared.
James Michael Nugent
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 02:55:16 PM by James Michael Nugent » Logged

James Michael Nugent
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 19 queries.