World Families Forums - New Member Introductions

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 02:49:28 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'R'
| | |-+  Ryan (Moderator: ryanAdmin)
| | | |-+  New Member Introductions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Member Introductions  (Read 270 times)
James Vernon Ryan

« on: April 10, 2013, 02:00:56 AM »

Hello Group,

I just received my National Genographic test results, transferred them to Family Tree DNA, joined WorldFamilies net, and joined this Ryan surname group all today.
I didn’t see an appropriate place in the forums to make an introduction of myself to you all so I started a new thread.

My formal name is James Vernon Ryan but I go by Jim.  I have been doing genealogy research into my family history for 16 years now.

My Ryan ancestry has been one of the most difficult to trace.  My most distant Ryan ancestor that I have information and documentation on is Patrick Ryan, my great grandfather.  He was born in 1836 in Ireland.  Family lure is that our Ryan line came from County Cork, Limerick, Kilkenny, or Tipperary.  He immigrated to the United States sometime before 1860 and settled in Scranton, Pennsylvania.  In Scranton (Minooka, PA to be specific.) he married Ann Mulkerin abt. 1861.  So far, I do not know of any of Patrick’s siblings and if he had any.  But, given the number of children most other Irish families had, I am betting that he had siblings.  My experience, as I imagine is true for others researching a Ryan line, is that the name is so common it is very difficult to figure out which of the many “Patrick Ryan” I find in the records is my Patrick Ryan.

I am excited to join this group and to have my DNA information now available to compare to other Genealogy/DNA researchers.  I will send more information about my earliest known Ryan ancestor along with the rest of the Pedigree to the Surname Project Administrator in the next day or two so that it can be added to the Project’s Patriarch Page.  I am looking forward to meeting additional cousins, getting to know them and sharing our family trees.

Best wishes,
Jim
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 18 queries.