World Families Forums - James Madison Gallaher

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 12:39:46 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Special Forums - Note: You must be Logged In to Post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Notify us of a Problem
| | |-+  James Madison Gallaher
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: James Madison Gallaher  (Read 2073 times)
RyanGallagher

« on: April 09, 2013, 12:49:11 PM »

I just wanted to point out an error in the DNA section of this board.

John Matthew Gallaher/Golliher is listed as the person with a specific DNA chart.  His real name is James Madison Gallaher/Golliher born 1820 in Athens Tn and died 1865 in Adams county Illinois.

There's alot of confusion about this mans name, but original marriage records in MCMinn county TN prove his real name as just stated, furthermore the Hiwassii Patriot a newspaper of the day lists his name as James Madison Gallaher.  John Gallaher who married Joanna Martin is James M's father and mother or aunt and uncle as this has not been confirmed.

His estate box further confirms his true name as well as his son James M jr's death certificate. 

Thank You,

Ryan Gallagher

Fred Cruz with the McMinn historical society pysically walked into the adjacent room in the courthouse to prove the spelling.  Geneologists have also confirmed this as being a true fact.
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 10:00:51 PM »

Unfortunately, the info we are displaying was provided by the researcher who manages this kit.  Can I forward your posting to them?  (I have to use your email address to do that)

Terry
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 17 queries.