World Families Forums - Hair Patterns

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 09:45:07 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Autosomal Block DNA Testing - "Family Finder" and "Relative Finder"
| | |-+  Hair Patterns
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hair Patterns  (Read 1744 times)
rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« on: March 28, 2013, 06:08:22 PM »

One thing I have wondered about for years is the hair growth pattern at the back of the neck. That may seem a strange thing to wonder about, how one's head hair tapers down the nape of the neck, but I noticed that my father, my brothers, my sons, and I all have the same pattern: our hair curves around to the left side of the nape of the neck. Some men have a kind of "widow's peak" down the center of the nape of the neck, while others have two symmetrical lines or branches growing on the left and right side.

All of this is kind of hard to see when the man has a fresh haircut or when his hair is too long; it has to be just long enough to reveal the pattern.

I wonder what the significance of this pattern is. I was just in Ireland up until yesterday afternoon, and I noticed a number of people with the same pattern I have, more of them than I have seen in the United States.

???

« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 06:09:54 PM by rms2 » Logged

rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 06:18:56 PM »

You can see what I am talking about in this photo of the back of the actor Kenneth Branagh's head. He has pretty much the same pattern I have. Take a close look. See how it curves to the left?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pjammer1

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 05:51:00 PM »

I oftened wondered about that pattern too. My Grandfather and my father (and so do I!) have that same hair pattern, it all seems to swirl to the left. Do we have any idea what this may mean yet? My beautician told me that we all have a pattern that either "swirls" to the left or right naturally.

Descendant of Asher Parker b.1757

rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 10:00:04 PM »

I oftened wondered about that pattern too. My Grandfather and my father (and so do I!) have that same hair pattern, it all seems to swirl to the left. Do we have any idea what this may mean yet? My beautician told me that we all have a pattern that either "swirls" to the left or right naturally.

Well, I have been observing this for years, and I think your beautician is wrong. I see people who have a symmetrical pattern at the back of the neck, with the hair evenly balanced on the right and the left, people with a kind of "widow's peak" down the center of the neck, and people with a swirl to the left or to the right.

When I was in Ireland last month, the left hand swirl (like yours and mine and Kenneth Branagh's) seemed a lot more common than I have seen it anywhere else, but I even saw a few men with it in Russia when I was there.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 17 queries.