World Families Forums - William Riley Posey Perry Co. AR b. ca. 1844 died 1894

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 05:52:23 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'P'
| | |-+  Posey (Moderator: Libby Siskron)
| | | |-+  William Riley Posey Perry Co. AR b. ca. 1844 died 1894
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: William Riley Posey Perry Co. AR b. ca. 1844 died 1894  (Read 958 times)
Steve in Oro Valley

« on: March 28, 2013, 04:43:14 PM »

Hi:

In 1860 the census of Perry, Arkansas showed a Margaret Posey as Head of Household with children including William Riley Posey.  I have no information on Margaret before that and was wondering if her birth name was Riley...

There were at least four Riley middle names in the next couple of generations....

The husband of Margaret  was supposedly a Henry Posey who shows on Arkansas mortality record for 1860 that he was 28? or 38? and died of brain congestion.  This may have actually been Typhoid fever which was common in those pioneer days....
This ancestry.com information showing the Henry's mortality record is hard to read..  I swan, I read it that the deceased man was only 28 years old.  Ancestry.com  has a sheet showing 28 years old and another one at 38 years old.

The Louisa Anna (Kielley) Booth pages for the Poseys show a lot of lines of Poseys but I have not spotted a connection to Perry County Arkansas.

There were some Poseys in Posey Hollow, Arkansas about that time.

I am hopeful, one way or another, the FTDNA  ydna test may show a link to the famous Francis Marion Posey of the early days of Maryland...

Thanks to all,

Steve in Oro Valley

« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 06:33:37 PM by Steve in Oro Valley » Logged
Steve in Oro Valley

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 01:37:14 PM »

Hi:

results for my 37 markers of FTDNA's Y-DNA111 test came back for an exact match for Joe Mozingo, LA Times reporter who has done a mind blowing search for his black Bantu Warrior ancestor (Edward Mozingo b. 1644?) of Jamestown, VA...and ultimately published a book :

The Fiddler on  Pantico Run Amazon has it.

FTDNA says I have a 25 marker exact match for a nother Mozingo- Spencer Mozingo, a white neighbor of James Madison in Virginia in 1783...

Joe Mozingo is a descendent of Spencer Mozingo (1747?-1831?)  - apparently Edward Mozingo's grandaughter had a relationship with an unknown man who has my European DNA. 37/37 match.. ..Spencer was the result.

Another YDNA match is with a Bowen who has a family history from the same Northern Neck of Virginia (Rappahannock) -- 109/111 markers YDNA thru FTDNA - see Bowen  Project under Bourne.

Interestingly I match a Townsend descended from A Quaker Townsend of Chester PA (66/67 thru FTDNA) - See Lower Delmarva Project and the Townsend Society web page

Any Poseys or Bowens (Bourne) or Townsends or Mozingos out there who have ancestors living in Virginia in the late 1600s early 1700s??

No Posey or Pusey Match so far.  Are any of our Puseys descended from Caleb Pusey, the noted Quaker and friend of William Penn?

bye,

Steve in Oro Valley
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 12:12:08 PM by Steve in Oro Valley » Logged
Steve in Oro Valley

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 12:11:38 PM »

Hi:

Are the Puseys of this Project related to Caleb Pusey, the Quaker of the 1600s? Caleb Pusey was the manager of the first Mill in Pa for a Richard Townsend, another famous Quaker.

bye,

Steve in Oro Valley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 18 queries.