World Families Forums - spelling of mclure

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 06:09:32 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'M'
| | |-+  McClure (Moderator: Dennis McClure)
| | | |-+  spelling of mclure
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: spelling of mclure  (Read 629 times)
macfam9

« on: March 22, 2013, 01:04:59 PM »

Hi.  We have the spelling of MacCluer from our grandfather Rev Donald William McDowell MacCluer.  We are joined to the Halbert Maclure of Virginia line.  Our grandfather's father was William McDowell MacCluer, his father was Moses Jr, his father Moses Sr, his father John Maclure (spouse Mary Allen) whose father was Halbert and mother was Agnes.  Any new information of this line would be much appreciated.  My sister and I will be taking a trip to Fincastle VA in May. I had not seen the "MacCluer" spelling and thought you might be interested.
Dennis McClure

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 06:47:40 PM »

I am Dennis McClure, and I am the McClure Project co-admin. We have many pedigrees associated with the Halbert line, and we were the fore-runners into splitting that line via DNA into the Halbert & Richard McClure line. Please contact me for more specifics.

Dennis McClure
Dennis McClure

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 08:57:57 AM »

Hi.  We have the spelling of MacCluer from our grandfather Rev Donald William McDowell MacCluer.  We are joined to the Halbert Maclure of Virginia line.  Our grandfather's father was William McDowell MacCluer, his father was Moses Jr, his father Moses Sr, his father John Maclure (spouse Mary Allen) whose father was Halbert and mother was Agnes.  Any new information of this line would be much appreciated.  My sister and I will be taking a trip to Fincastle VA in May. I had not seen the "MacCluer" spelling and thought you might be interested.

You are correct, it is not seen much any more, but I have seen it spelled like that in many old documents. Even in my own line. Have you been to our McClure DNA Project? We have a lot of McClures that descend from the Halbert line, have you considered Y-DNA testing? At the least I would love to add your pedigree to our extensive Halbert line.

Our McClure project is http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/mcclure

Hope to hear from you soon
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 19 queries.