World Families Forums - R-L21 Plus Project Housekeeping and Streamlining

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 12:55:10 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  R1b General (Moderator: rms2)
| | |-+  R-L21 Plus Project Housekeeping and Streamlining
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: R-L21 Plus Project Housekeeping and Streamlining  (Read 1580 times)
rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« on: March 10, 2013, 09:27:06 AM »

This morning I streamlined the R-L21 Plus Project a bit. I added a couple of categories for new SNPs (they have to make it to ISOGG's Tree before I will create a category for them). I also dropped almost all of the categories based at least partly on negative results: you know, "positive for this, negative for that". Those were too time consuming and difficult to maintain. Instead, each major branch SNP category carries an admonition to check for that branch's downstream SNPs, and there is an easy-to-follow pedigree for each category, like this, for example, in the case of L513: L21>DF13>L513.

The only categories I retained that are partly based on negative results have to do with the DF13/DF63 split: category "B. L21+, DF13- (If you can, test for DF63 status)" and category "Bb. L21* (DF13-, DF63-)".

If you were in one of the categories partly based on some sort of negative result, your entry has been merged back into the category for your current terminal SNP.

Gone too is the category that attempted to collect all of the guys who have tested negative for all of the currently-known DF13+ SNPs. Such info might be nice to have, but keeping track of exactly who all has tested negative for what, especially with the advent of Geno 2.0, is just too big a job in a large project like R-L21 Plus.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 18 queries.