World Families Forums - Brian McEvoy's 2006 paper's data

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 11:21:49 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  R1b General (Moderator: rms2)
| | |-+  Brian McEvoy's 2006 paper's data
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian McEvoy's 2006 paper's data  (Read 270 times)
Newragh

« on: March 04, 2013, 07:17:48 PM »

I was wondering if anyone had any insights into the data published on Brian McEvoy's TCD page about his 2006 study which began the Niall Noígíallach (R-M222) interest.

Last weekend, I found an FTDNA surname project for my name through WorldFamilies.net's surname page, but was disappointed to learn that the last time the individuals in the project and I were related was when the Italo-Celts waved good bye to the Germans somewhere around Austria several millennia ago (GD = 24). They are L48/S162.

My name is very uncommon, except in County Louth, Ireland and there are no others in FTDNA or Y-search but my father's cousin and I. Buy there are 19 of my surname, normalized to Haughey, in the 2006 McEvoy paper.

John McLaughlin of the R-M222 list, and I believe McEvoy himself, identified 14 of 19 as R-M222. So I looked at these 14 Haugheys and 5 Dunleavys who were also R-M222 and got a lot of very close matches.

But, my question is this. Does this mean anything at all? Or does it just mean that we are all R-M222? The number of STRs tested was so small, (16), that I wonder if any genealogical conclusion may be drawn.

R-M222
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 18 queries.