World Families Forums - 'Y' Markers Tested by DT DNA

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2014, 03:23:29 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  'Y' Markers Tested by DT DNA
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Y' Markers Tested by DT DNA  (Read 1293 times)
Trish13
Old Hand

« on: February 23, 2013, 04:04:36 PM »

Hi :)

My brother has had his Y-DNA tested, to 43 markers, by DNA Heritage. This mean that he doesn't have all of the results for the FT DNA 37-marker test, but that there is a certain amount of overlap with the higher-level tests.

I can tell from another result which markers would take his results to 37, and someone else has posted the markers from 68 to 111, but I would be grateful if someone could please tell me which markers are tested for the 67 marker test, please.

Thanks in advance :)
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 04:34:51 PM »

You should contact Family Tree DNA directly, as they have a program to bring in your DNAH results at no cost to you (though you'll want to do the modest priced upgrade to 37 markers so you can do full comparisons)  Yes - you read that correctly - it is an upgrade to go from your 43 markers to a FTDNA 37 - as you will be gaining 5 very important markers.

http://www.familytreedna.com/contact.aspx
Trish13
Old Hand

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 09:36:09 AM »

Thank you, Terry. :)

Yes, I  transferred the results to FT DNA when Heritage DNA closed.

I asked about one of my lines on another thread and was advised that I might need a 67-marker test, or even a 111-marker test to sort out this lineage.

I was just wondering which of the 38-67 markers had already been tested, as many of the 25-37 have been done and some of the 68-111 seem to have been covered already by DNA Heritage as well.

I'll take your advice and contact FTDNA. Thanks. :)

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 17 queries.