Welcome to the Pedigree Forum for the Quinn Surname Project!
Project’s Website: http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/quinn/
[Navigate to all pages of the project's website using the links across the top of the page.]
Posting your pedigree allows it to be seen by interested researchers who may contact you to share information. It’s a great way to further your research.Each project website includes both a FAMILY PEDIGREE FORUM and a PROJECT’S PATRIARCH PAGE.
Please Note: Our Pedigree Policy was revised as of November 15, 2012, for WorldFamilies-administered Project Patriarch Pages. Pedigrees posted on this forum will NOT be posted on the Patriarch Page.
See below for instructions for submitting your pedigree.
The FAMILY PEDIGREE FORUM (below) is open to anyone who has a family pedigree in this surname.
1. Researchers who are not a member of the Surname DNA Project, but wish to share a family pedigree.
2. Project Members who wish to post a more extended version of their pedigree to supplement the “stripped down” pedigree posted on the Patriarch Page.
The PROJECT’S PATRIARCH PAGE http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames//pats
includes only the pedigrees of Project Members.
1. The pedigree must be for a Member of the Surname DNA Project at Family Tree DNA.
2. You must provide a kit number to be posted with the pedigree.
3. You must submit your pedigree by email to email@example.com
(It may take a few days for the pedigree to be posted on the Patriarch Page.)
4. The email should include the following:
# Name of project
# Kit Number
# Name of person posting pedigree
# Email address to be posted with pedigree
# Name, birthdate, birthplace, spouse of Earliest Known Ancestori
# List each succeeding generation below, using only those four items of information (or substitute another item of information if missing an item)
To post on this Pedigree Forum:
1. Register and log in at www.worldfamilies.net
2. How do I register to post a pedigree? Click here http://www.worldfamilies.net/register
3. I've already registered. How do I log in? Click here http://www.worldfamilies.net/alreadyregistered
4. When you have logged in, scroll to the last posting on this forum, click "reply" and post your pedigree.
5. Please do not include names for anyone born after 1910, to protect privacy.
If you have questions or are unable to post your pedigree on this forum, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For a step-by-step guide to using DNA for genealogy, please read DNA the Smart Way www.worldfamilies.net/smart