World Families Forums - Analysis of Geno2 results

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 11, 2014, 02:24:20 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  R1b General (Moderator: rms2)
| | |-+  Analysis of Geno2 results
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Analysis of Geno2 results  (Read 2393 times)
wing_genealogist

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2012, 05:52:21 AM »

My wife has some fairly wealthy cousins in Ukraine, one of whom is a surgeon (Sagalevich is the surname). I should get her to convince them to order the Geno 2.0 thing. They can afford it, and they are somewhat interested.

Your last line says it all. The GenoChip is the current bleeding-edge technology (so much so that it can still be said to be in Beta). Besides, it offers a link to future testing at FTDNA.

Y-DNA - R1b M157.2 (a private/family subclade of Z6/Z352) 111 markers tested

mt-DNA - J1c2g with the following private mutations: 315.1C 522.1A 522.2C C9974T C16256T (FMS tested and submitted to GenBank)

Autosomal - shows as a typical English ancestry. Tested with 23andMe, FTDNA
gtc
Old Hand

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2012, 07:56:00 AM »

My wife has some fairly wealthy cousins in Ukraine, one of whom is a surgeon (Sagalevich is the surname). I should get her to convince them to order the Geno 2.0 thing. They can afford it, and they are somewhat interested.

+ 1. Good idea.

Y-DNA: R1b-Z12* (R1b1a2a1a1a3b2b1a1a1) GGG-GF Ireland (roots reportedly Anglo-Norman)
mtDNA: I3b (FMS) Maternal lines Irish
acekon
Old Hand

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2012, 11:29:04 AM »

Why are they not releasing the results as they come in? Are we ever going to see the results?

YDNA: R-Z2105* Śląsk-Polska
MtDNA: U5b2a2*Königsberg-Ostpreussen
NealtheRed
Old Hand

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2012, 12:24:42 PM »

Neal is the Grand Poobah of the R-Z255 Project. I think that is his actual title. ;-)

Lol Poobah sounds accurate enough! Thankfully, I have this forum and you guys to keep me updated about all of this stuff.

Y-DNA: R-Z255 (L159.2+) - Downing (Irish Sea)

MTDNA: HV4a1 - Centrella (Avellino, Italy)

Ysearch: 4PSCK

Peter M

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2012, 07:59:13 PM »

Why are they not releasing the results as they come in? Are we ever going to see the results?

Well, they seem to be having some sort of issue ......
eochaidh
Old Hand

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2012, 11:19:29 PM »

Well, they seem to be having some sort of issue ......

I'll say! I got 6 notifications today that I was at 60%, which I've been at since November 21st! Finally, I received a notification that I am now at 80%. Something strange is goin on...

Y-DNA: R1b DF23
mtDNA: T2g
brunetmj

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2012, 12:28:49 PM »

I just wanted to recap what I have learned about this process .
Once you finally get results they can be transferred to FTDNA . This is found under your profile tab - advanced . Although you go through billing questions at FTDNA there is no charge. Some results will appear on top of your haplogroup page but these additions are only ones that FTDNA offers that can be purchased there. So before transferring write down what you already have.
The bulk of your results can be viewed from your projects under the SNP viewer.
However my understanding is that any negative results are not there .
Downloading the raw data at the NG web site is not yet available for everyone . Supposedly NG is aware of the problem and is working on it. It is suppose to appear on the same page as the transfer option- that is profile tab- advanced . This raw data is what Project administrators want for further anaylsis - they cannot use what was transferred to FTDA.
I hope this info is helpful

L21 DF13** French
brunetmj

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2012, 01:59:00 PM »

Forgot to add my test lasted from 10/25 when I received my "we have received your kit " email until 12/11 when I received "your test is completed "email. So what's that? 50 days or so?

L21 DF13** French
brunetmj

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2012, 02:20:27 PM »

Just a correction to my post above the transfer and download options are under the My Profile - expert options tab. Not MyProfile - advanced
I also checked it this afternoon and the download of raw data is now there

L21 DF13** French
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 18 queries.