World Families Forums - Looney Family Help

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 12, 2014, 03:28:19 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'L'
| | |-+  Looney (Moderator: Wayne Modlin)
| | | |-+  Looney Family Help
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looney Family Help  (Read 508 times)
Karen Cayson

« on: December 10, 2012, 03:27:47 AM »

My brother has taken the Ancestory.com DNA test.  Our closest relatives have the last name Looney, which is why I am here.  I hope to get my results posted soon.  They are very much in line with the first group listed on the results page. 

My great grandfather went by the name Andrew/Adam/Ad Mawk Mauk Mauck.  From census reports I have located him in Hawkins Co., Tennessee in his early life and Appalachia, VA later.  He was born approximately 1863-66.  In 1892, he married my great grandmother Laura Welch in Hawkins Co., Tennessee.  The odd thing is the marriage license says his name is Adam Looney.  All census reports have him as Mawk.   Laura died in 1925, and her death certificate listed Adam Mank as her undertaker.  After she died he disappeared.  No, one in the family knows anything about him, what happened to him, or anything about him. 

I have come to believe that per the DNA results we definately should be Looney's.  So, now I am trying to figure out how...  Can anyone assist in this area? 

Karen Cayson
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 18 queries.