World Families Forums - Poland

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 11:45:00 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Country Specific
| | |-+  Poland
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poland  (Read 5888 times)
supertigerCH

« on: December 01, 2012, 08:29:03 AM »

For those who trace family origins back to Poland, or other areas with Polish population... share your DNA results and genealogy here!

Others who are interested in this topic, or have helpful information to share, please join in as well.

Y-DNA: N-L551
mtDNA: H11a
Malodie Anderson

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 02:22:41 PM »

Hello, my FTDNA family finder DNA will be ready December 5, of this year.  WE all must remember that the Polish and Ukrainian borders went back and forth, like where my family is from in Volynia, so sometimes your relative it might say on records that they were born in Poland but in reality they are born in Ukraine by modern times.

yours,

Malodie Anderson Tchapko

Malodie Anderson
supertigerCH

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 12:11:27 AM »

Malodie,

Yes... you are very correct about this.  The same was also true about the Polish-Lithuanian border... and the Polish-Belarus border.

Even today it seems that the part of Ukraine your family comes from... has so much in common with Polish people and culture.

My own grandfather (father's father) was born in northeast Poland (Podlaskie region).  However, he was an ethnic Lithuanian.

Let us know about the results of your Family Finder test!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 12:14:23 AM by supertigerCH » Logged

Y-DNA: N-L551
mtDNA: H11a
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 17 queries.