World Families Forums - Pre-Celtic substrate language

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2014, 03:02:50 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  R1b General (Moderator: rms2)
| | |-+  Pre-Celtic substrate language
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pre-Celtic substrate language  (Read 3766 times)
Dubhthach
Old Hand

« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2012, 03:45:48 PM »

Some have argued that, religiously, Q Celts became Qatholics, while P Celts became 'Piscopalians. ;-)

Think about it.

Many liguistics books state, that P-Celtic was created in the western alps with a mix on vindelici, rhaetian, lepontic and ligurians and fits with U152.......Q-celtic was created in the eastern alps and is mixed with northern illyrian, Ladin ( not Latin)  and venetic and fits with U106.

The etruscans where left out as they could not prounce the early indo-european languages

And a joke was what I attempted to create in my last post, the one you quoted above.

Kind of like this one, which I also made up (unless someone thought of it before me):

Confucius says, "Sick man traveling by himself in Spain is going to Barfalona."

Yeah, I know. I was born in a cornfield, and I shouldn't quit my day job.

I liked the Q/P one better. P(icts) is also for Presbyterian in Scotland

One problem with that is alot of areas that have large Gaelic speaking populations in modern Scotland (Harris in Hebrides for example) are quite hardline Presbyterian. ;-)
A.D.
Old Hand

« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2012, 09:54:59 AM »

In the north (6 counties) we also say 'yous' as in 'yous uns', a direct translation from the Irish so it is. Wew also say 'Aye' instead of yes, there is no words for yes or no in Irish, so the middle(?) english word is used. This was also about the time Elizabeth 1 introduced the Gealic script to be different from the english.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 17 queries.