World Families Forums - Why using the letters "R1b" make sense in terminal SNP hg labels?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 10:48:55 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  R1b General (Moderator: rms2)
| | |-+  Why using the letters "R1b" make sense in terminal SNP hg labels?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why using the letters "R1b" make sense in terminal SNP hg labels?  (Read 4215 times)
Mike Walsh
Guru

« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2012, 07:47:31 PM »

Geez.

And here I thought I was the one "going on" and getting "excited" about this issue.

You are. The rest of us support it. LOL!

Nope. Mike is campaigning on other sites, including what's-her-name's blog, and you are looking for authoritative opinions to support your own.

I thought we were done with this thread, but obviously the two of you aren't.

I think you are inspiring me to take it up again, though. When you boys quit a thread it's kind of reminiscent of a Palestinian "cease fire".

The only reason I posted that was that it was new information related to the topic... and kind of ironic since the person who started the campaign to follow the YCC nomenclature changed her mind to say that there are cases the more than a single letter is useful, i.e. R1b-L21. There is nothing wrong with that. She maintained an open mind, thought about it, and changed her mind.
. . .

She changed her mind, but not without a little help.

What you posted over on her blog was not new information. It was the same argument you posted here. The only new information was that you managed to persuade her.

But whatever.

I never reposted my argument so why would you complain that I didn't give new information.  The new information wasn't any argument I made. I didn't quote and repost my argument, or didn't you notice?

The new information is the originator of the campaign you support changed her mind on October 10th. I just noticed this when GTC pointed to her article.

Maybe that is useless from your perspective. That's okay, but I hope you see that my posting was new news for this forum, which I think is a fair thing to post.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 10:26:33 PM by Mikewww » Logged

R1b-L21>L513(DF1)>S6365>L705.2(&CTS11744,CTS6621)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 17 queries.