World Families Forums - The R-L21 lineage began in West Asia

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 10:41:43 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  R1b General (Moderator: rms2)
| | |-+  The R-L21 lineage began in West Asia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The R-L21 lineage began in West Asia  (Read 1192 times)
Jdean
Old Hand

« on: March 23, 2013, 07:13:16 PM »

Anybody noticed the note on the haplotree page for R-L21 ?

The R-L21 lineage began in West Asia. It is the descendant of the major R-M343 lineage. R-L21 spread to Europe and is one of the most common branches of R-P25 there.

They also have this to say about M222

The R-M222 lineage began in Western Europe. It is the descendant of the major R-M343 lineage. The R-M222 line spread to the British Isles. It is over 12 percent of the population in Ireland. This may be due to its connection to the Uí Néill and Connachta dynasties.

Y-DNA R-DF49*
MtDNA J1c2e
Kit No. 117897
Ysearch 3BMC9

Jdean
Old Hand

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 08:08:25 PM »

Wow, just seen this about U152

The R-U152 lineage began in West Asia. It is the descendant of the major R-M343 lineage. The diverse R-U152 lineage has many descendant lines. They are present across Europe, the Levant Region, and Southwestern Asia. Several founding lineages of the Jewish Diaspora descend from the R-U152 line.

Y-DNA R-DF49*
MtDNA J1c2e
Kit No. 117897
Ysearch 3BMC9

MostDK

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 09:12:22 PM »

What is the "the haplotree page for R-L21"?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Morten, f210257

R1b>L21>DF13>CTS4466/CTS5714/CTS3974
U5a1a2b*
Jdean
Old Hand

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 05:21:36 AM »

What is the "the haplotree page for R-L21"?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Morten, f210257

It's in the Y-DNA section of your results on your FTDNA home page, it's labelled 'Haplotree & SNPs' now.

I think these statements are relatively recent leastways I've not noticed them before and wonder if FTDNA may be using Geno2 data to help make them.

Y-DNA R-DF49*
MtDNA J1c2e
Kit No. 117897
Ysearch 3BMC9

Dubhthach
Old Hand

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 06:56:18 AM »

Here's the Breakdown from M269 downwards:

The R-M269 lineage likely began in West Asia. It is the descendant of the major R-M343 lineage. Some of your genetic cousins traveled northwest into Central Asia and on to Europe. Others moved south and entered the Levant Region.

L23+ individual sees L2 used in blurb (though person is L2-), so copying mistake
The R-L2 (sic) lineage began in West Asia. It is the descendant of the major R-M343 lineage. From West Asia R-L2 (sic) has spread across Europe, Central Asia, and North Africa. This line includes some members from the Jewish Diaspora.

Similiar mishap with L150+ individual:
The R-L1 (sic) lineage began in Europe. It is the descendant of the major R-M343 lineage. R-L1 (sic) has spread across Europe. It is now most common across Northwestern Europe.

L51+ individual (p310-/p311-) has the following:
The undifferentiated R lineage is currently found in India, Pakistan, and Central Asia at intermediate frequencies.

P310+
The R-P310 lineage began in West Asia. It is the descendant of the major R-M343 lineage. R-P310 is present across Central Asia, Europe, and the Levant region.

U106+
The R-U106 lineage began in Europe or West Asia. The former is more likely. It is now present in both places. It is the descendant of the major R-M343 lineage.

P312+
The R-P312 lineage began in West Asia. It is the descendant of the major R-M343 lineage. From West Asia, R-P312 spread over great distances. It is now present across Europe in North Africa

--

As a comparison this is what they have for L226:
The R-L226 lineage began in Europe. It is the descendant of the major R-M343 lineage. R-L226 is present throughout the British Isles but is most common in Ireland.

L159.2
The R-L159.2 lineage began in Western Europe. It is the descendant of the major R-M343 lineage. R-L159.2 is most common in Northwestern Europe.

P314.2
The undifferentiated R lineage is currently found in India, Pakistan, and Central Asia at intermediate frequencies.

P66

L193
The R-L193 lineage began in Europe. It is the descendant of the major R-M343 lineage. R-L193 is now most common in Scotland and Northern Ireland.

L96
--

Tbh it all sounds vague, when they say West Asian are they talking about source of the particular individual SNP or are they talking about it in context of R-M343, that and I see spelling mistakes (marked by my sic above). Looks to me like sloppy copy on part of FTDNA.

As for M222 it's good that they mention the Connachta as well as the Uí Néill, if only they would get rid of the Niall sticker!

-Paul
(DF41+)
wing_genealogist

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 06:59:06 AM »

I really wished FTDNA would be more careful with their very much outdated haplogroup tree as well as their attempts to sell SNPs on this Haplogroup & SNPs page.

I have taken the Geno test, yet the page still asks me to take the test to test for "new branches"

also their "Order SNPs Now" button ONLY shows those SNPs on their very outdated tree. While this page shows "Presumed Positive" SNPs, it doesn't show "Presumed Negative" SNPs which would include (for me) all the SNPs I have not yet tested.

Y-DNA - R1b M157.2 (a private/family subclade of Z6/Z352) 111 markers tested

mt-DNA - J1c2g with the following private mutations: 315.1C 522.1A 522.2C C9974T C16256T (FMS tested and submitted to GenBank)

Autosomal - shows as a typical English ancestry. Tested with 23andMe, FTDNA
Jdean
Old Hand

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 11:25:05 AM »

Tbh it all sounds vague, when they say West Asian are they talking about source of the particular individual SNP or are they talking about it in context of R-M343, that and I see spelling mistakes (marked by my sic above). Looks to me like sloppy copy on part of FTDNA.

As for M222 it's good that they mention the Connachta as well as the Uí Néill, if only they would get rid of the Niall sticker!

-Paul
(DF41+)

Thanks for the breakdown, I could access quite a few of them but not all.

I also wondered whether they were talking about the overall source for R1b as opposed to predictions for each subclade but I think not.

FTDNA seem pretty clear that U152 originated in 'West Asia' whilst for U106 they suggest Europe or possibly West Asia.

I think (?) they are providing predictions for clades they have enough information about whilst others they are defaulting back to R1b, presumably because they don't have enough information to be comfortable with ?

What I'd like to know is what data they are using to support this, The SNP map certainly doesn’t have anything about U152 outside of Europe, and how speculative are these statements. I don't think I'm going to quoting this to people wanting to know were their haplogroup originated just yet : )_

BTW Regarding M269, wouldn't it be a little tricky to get from West Asia to Central Asia by travelling NW ?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 11:51:53 AM by Jdean » Logged

Y-DNA R-DF49*
MtDNA J1c2e
Kit No. 117897
Ysearch 3BMC9

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 18 queries.