World Families Forums - J1c/J1c8 - What is known?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 12, 2014, 04:12:58 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Mitochondrial DNA
| | |-+  J1c/J1c8 - What is known?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: J1c/J1c8 - What is known?  (Read 1371 times)
SEJJ

« on: September 03, 2012, 08:54:25 AM »

Hi there,

I got my parents results back from 23&me recently, my father's mt-dna turned out to be J1c8. I was just wondering what was known in particular about J1c/J1c8?

At first i thought it would be nice and simple, i had heard that mt-DNA J was most common (in Europe) around the Irish Sea - With my Dad's mother's mother's line coming from the Cheshire/Lancashire region quite close to the coast this seemed pretty self explanatory. Although i then looked into it a bit more and it seems J* is the one most connected to Ireland/Western Britain, and also J1b1 in the case of Scotland.

I then looked into the mt-dna J project FTdna site, and J1c8 shows up 4 entries on the map excluding North America (as i don't know where they came from before), one in North Wales, one in Durham, and two in northern Germany - Which is a bit confusing.

To add to the confusion, on 23&me, for the distribution of haplogroup J as a whole, Ireland and Britain are pretty saturated, but when looking at the map of J1, it seems in northern Europe it's based around the North Sea instead, and then the only other person on my 23&me that i'm sharing with that is J1c is a Norwegian - So i'm not really sure now where i stand in terms of it's origin, is there any more known about J1c/J1c8 than i've already covered that might help?

Oh i also found out that J1c carriers produce more body head - My Dad is constantly overheating even in cool environments, so it seems that's that solved!

Thanks,
Sam Jackson

Y-DNA: I1*
MT-DNA: U5a1b4

lucasaw

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 03:59:42 AM »

I also used 23&me and found my maternal line to also have the J1c8 subgroup which makes sense as my mum is also constantly too hot, and she's a quarter welsh as is another person who shares this haplogroup could be a theme..
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 17 queries.