World Families Forums - Womack Family Pedigrees

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 06:33:03 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'W'
| | |-+  Womack (Moderator: Robert Burke)
| | | |-+  Womack Family Pedigrees
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Womack Family Pedigrees  (Read 2424 times)
Robert Burke

« on: January 02, 2005, 04:10:17 AM »

Welcome to the Pedigree Forum for the Womack Surname Project!

Project’s Website: http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/womack/
[Navigate to all pages of the project's website using the links across the top of the page.]

We invite you to submit your "Pedigree".

1. If you are a member of the project, send the pedigree by email directly to carrie@worldfamilies.net and she or the Project Administrator will post it on the project's Patriarchs Page (www.worldfamilies.net/surname/womack/pats).

Please include the following:
# Name of project
# Kit Number if tested
# Name of person posting pedigree
# Email address to be posted with pedigree:
# Name, birthdate, birthplace, spouse of Earliest Known Ancestor
# List each succeeding generation below, using only those four items of information (or substitute another item of information if missing an item)

2. You are invited to post your pedigree on the forum below if you are:
a.  A Researcher who is not a member of the Surname DNA Project, but wishes to share a family pedigree.
b.  A Project Member who wishes to post a more extended version of their pedigree to supplement the “stripped down” pedigree posted on the Patriarch Page.

To post on this Pedigree Forum:
1.  Register and log in at www.worldfamilies.net.
(How do I register to post a pedigree? Click here http://www.worldfamilies.net/register)
(I've already registered. How do I log in? Click here http://www.worldfamilies.net/alreadyregistered)

2.  When you have logged in, scroll to the last posting on this forum, click "reply" and post your pedigree.
a.  Please do not include names for anyone born after 1910, to protect privacy.
b.  If you have questions or are unable to post your pedigree on this forum, please contact carrie@worldfamilies.net

For a step-by-step guide to using DNA for genealogy, please read DNA the Smart Way www.worldfamilies.net/smart
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 12:12:43 PM by Carrie » Logged
Peggy Stewart Gore

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 08:35:43 AM »

All I can tell you is that Ronnie Andrews, Kit #87628, Dad was
George William Andrews b Feb 14, 1914, in Hornbeck LA.  His father was Fredrick Turney Andrews, born Oct 31, 1873 Louisiana.  That's all we know about our grandfather.  He meet our grandmother Mary Henrietta Phillips in 1906 in Jackson Parish LA and they were married there.  She was born in Birmingham, AL but her family moved to La between 1891 and 1900.  The dna test shows that we are connected to the Womack line from Jackson Parish, but how we do not know but would love to figure it out. My mother, Alice Lea Andrews Stewart is the only one of her family still living, she is 90 and she would love to know who her father really was.  She never met any of his family.  We do have a picture of him if any one is interested. I do have a tree at ancestry, if anyone is interested for what it's worth. lol
Thanks
Peggy Stewart Gore
mgore25@bellsouth.net
Peggy Stewart Gore

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 10:50:17 AM »

Fredrick Turney Andrews
1873 Louisiana (what we were told)
Married
Mary Henrietta Phillips
1906 Jonesboro, LA 

The only story he ever told about his family was that his mother was named Francise, his dad John, had a sister who married a man with last name "Carpenter".  He said he was from around Tangipahoa  Parish, LA.
One rumor was that he was in the Spanish/American war, killed an officer and then "maybe" changed his name. 
kariregi

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 02:20:35 PM »

Test Kit FTDNA 269327
William Womack b 1620 England, d 1697 Henrico,Virg, m 1643 Mary J Allen
Richard Womack b 1655 Henrico, d 1684 Henrico m Mary Puckett
Richard Womack b 1674 Henrico, d 1723 Henrico m Elizabeth Puckett
Alexander Womack b 1708 Henrico, d 1782 Campbell, Virg m Martha Alexander
Richard Womack b 1741 Prince Edward, VA, d 1819 Cherry Valley, Tenn m Rachel
Richard Womack b 1790 Campbell, VA, d Cherry Valley, Wilson Co, Tenn m Agnes Smith 1812
Richard Thompson Womack/Wammack b 1831 Wilson Co, Tenn, d 1864 Little Rock, Ark m Nancy Shaver 1852
Jerden Thompson Wammack b 1854 Sangamon IL, d 1900 Logan, Kansas m Clarissa Gertrude Lemons 1882
Lewis Richard Wammack b 1890 Logan, Kansas, d 1978 Spokane, WA m Goldie Snyder 1916
RCrumpton

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 04:57:56 PM »

Kariregi:
I'd encourage you to join the Womack yDNA project at FTDNA - https://my.familytreedna.com/group-join.aspx?group=Womack

Thanks!
kariregi

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 01:10:25 AM »

We are a member already.  I'm trying to figure out what to do next.  Where do I find other pedigrees?  And for "R. Crumpton"  it appears that we are a match.  Now what??!!  Thank you, 

Karin and Byrt Wammack. 
RCrumpton

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 07:17:42 PM »

From what I gather, there was a Womack DNA project several years ago, and some of the interest seems to have waned.  It is located at
http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~reburke/lines/data/womack/dna/index.html

Robert Burke has some great research at: http://rebgen.blogspot.com/

Don Womack has some great research at: http://donwomack.blogspot.com/

I haven't 100% figured out my ancestor yet, but I'm working on it.  I've met several knowledgeable Womacks, and have been trying to get as many as I can convince to submit data to FTDNA.

I'd be interested in knowing how your YDNA compares to that of John Hugh Womack.  If you are certain of your Womack lineage, your dna may help solve a problem John Hugh is trying to resolve.

There's also a Samuel Wayne Womack's DNA floating around somewhere (the first link I posted I believe) - you and he would share Alexander (son of Richard II) in common.

Most of the other Womacks with whom I am in contact would share Richard II with you.

feel free to shoot me an email at ralph.crumpton AT gmail.com

I believe Robert Burke administers this forum, and appears to have administered the original DNA project, but he doesn't seem to be active of late.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 08:04:10 PM by RCrumpton » Logged
RCrumpton

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 08:38:05 PM »

I am kit B3144.

My father is kit 275505.  This kit is in the process of being upgraded to 37 markers (also Family Finder).

My Uncle (father's brother) is kit 275507.

Based off of those two kits, I'd say I could disregard whomever I mismatch at DYS439 (meaning I am 12, they are both 13; therefore a mutation must have happened on me).  That puts me a lot closer to several other Womack kits.

Interesting!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 19 queries.