World Families Forums - William Britton

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 11, 2014, 12:10:04 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'B'
| | |-+  Britton (Moderator: Lindsey Britton)
| | | |-+  William Britton
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: William Britton  (Read 571 times)
Cole Britton

« on: August 06, 2012, 10:14:02 PM »

I am trying to find my line of Britton ancestors.  I have found William Britton married in Morgan County, Ohio on December 12, 1848 to Jemima Hyler.  This would be my g-g-g-g grandfather.  His son was Henry A. Britton he married Mary (Maud) Pineot in Lincoln or Washington County Colorado.  Henry died in Lincoln County, Colorado in 1898. After Henry's death his widow left his three children with his brother John who lived in Thurman, Lincoln County Colorado.   His son was Ira Robert Albert Britton he was born in Thurman, Lincoln County Colorado July 9, 1894.  He married Blanche Augusta Levi in December 3, 1914 in Lincoln County Colorado.  One of his sons was my grandfather Robert Albert Britton born in Arriba, Lincoln County Colorado December 19, 1919. 
I have been unable to find any information on William Britton I am only estimating that he was born approximately 1825-1830.  I do know that the family came from Ohio. It is also possible they came by way of Illinois.
The records in Lincoln County Colorado were lost in a fire.  Washington County Colorado do not have records back that far.  I have not been to the state archives yet.  Hoping to find some information on-line first. 

Cole Britton

Cole Britton
genemonkey

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 01:49:38 AM »

BRITTON is one of my family names, my ancestors go back to Fermanagh Ireland, my oldest ancestor being Catherine BRITTON b abt 1780.  Have you considered doing a DNA test?  If Cole is a male name, you could do the ydna test and connect back down the male DNA line which may help you connect to other Brittons with the same lineage.  From my point of view I would love all BRITTONs out there to also do the Family Finder test, and hopefully connect up with me as a cousin!!  Check out the familytreedna website for more info.  www.familytreedna.com

Genemonkey

Alice Springs, Australia.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 18 queries.