World Families Forums - Pigman,Pigmon,Pygman,Pimond,Pimont plus all variant spellings.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 09:45:52 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'P'
| | |-+  Pigman (Moderator: Curtis Pigman(Pigmon))
| | | |-+  Pigman,Pigmon,Pygman,Pimond,Pimont plus all variant spellings.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pigman,Pigmon,Pygman,Pimond,Pimont plus all variant spellings.  (Read 1191 times)
Curtis Pigman(Pigmon)
Old Hand

« on: August 02, 2012, 12:37:38 PM »

Greetings,

Welcome to the new Pigman-Pigmon genetic genealogy discussion forum.  It is my wish to see some discussion on this board about the real origins of our family and any other genealogy/genetic genealogy topics you wish to discuss.

It is commonly believed that John Pigman of Parndon, Maryland was the progenitor of most all the Pigman/Pigmons in the U.S. and that is probably true.  That belief is likely because of the book "John Pigman and His Descendants" by Kelleher, Funk, Witt, and Young.  I am in admiration of all the work the authors did putting this book together, however there are some errors and some omissions.  The research for the book was done in the 1960's and 1970's.  

The most disturbing error, however, is in the ancestry of John Pigman.  The book describes John Pigman as being born to John Pitman in Great Parndon, England.  This part I believe is in error.  I have a copy of the original church record and it shows John Pitman b. 26 Aug 1661 to Ralph Pitman.  They surmise that Ralph Pitman is the son of Henry Pickman.  This is clearly a genealogical error.  I have checked Pigman y-DNA data against Pitman and it is not the same family.  

I believe I have found the real origins of John Pigman !  This is not proven yet but John Pigmon's daughter's (Leonarde Pigmon) records are on line as well as others and the place is La Bastide(country house), St. Priest-de-Gimel, Correze, Limousin, France.

By comparing y-DNA tests we can probably determine whether or not we are(were) French or English.  Currently three of us have tested and the results are on the Pigman-Pigmon surname project.  More about that later.

I can e-mail the records to anyone who wants them.  

Curtis Pigman(Pigmon)

In French:
Salutations,
Bienvenue sur le nouveau Pigman-Pigmon forum de discussion de généalogie génétique. Il est mon souhait de voir une discussion sur ce forum sur les véritables origines de notre famille et tous les autres sujets Généalogie / génétique vous souhaitez discuter.

Il est communément admis que John Pigman de Parndon, dans le Maryland a été le précurseur le plus de tous les Pigman / Pigmons aux États-Unis et que c'est probablement vrai. Cette croyance est probablement en raison de l'ouvrage "John Pigman et ses descendants» par Kelleher, Funk, Witt, et Young. Je suis en admiration de tout le travail que les auteurs n'ont mettant ce livre ensemble, cependant il ya quelques erreurs et omissions certains. La recherche pour le livre a été fait dans les années 1960 et 1970.

L'erreur la plus inquiétante, cependant, est dans l'ascendance de Jean Pigman. Le livre décrit John Pigman comme étant né à John Pitman en Grande-Parndon, en Angleterre. Cette partie, je crois est dans l'erreur. J'ai une copie de l'enregistrement original et l'église elle montre John Pitman b. 26 août 1661 à Ralph Pitman. Ils présument que Ralph Pitman est le fils de Henry Pickman. Il s'agit clairement d'une erreur généalogique. J'ai vérifié pigman y-DNA des données contre Pitman et ce n'est pas la même famille.

Je crois que j'ai trouvé les véritables origines de John Pigman! Ce n'est pas encore prouvé, mais (Léonarde Pigmon) la fille de John Pigmon de l'enregistrements sont en ligne ainsi que d'autres et l'endroit est de La Bastide, Saint-Priest-de-Gimel, Corrèze, Limousin, France.

En comparant y tests y-DNA, nous pouvons sans doute de déterminer si oui ou non nous sont (étaient) en français ou en anglais. Actuellement, trois d'entre nous avons testé et les résultats sont sur ​​le projet nom Pigman-Pigmon. En savoir plus sur cela plus tard.

Je ne peux e-mail les documents à quiconque les veut.

Curtis Pigman (Pigmon)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 01:43:17 PM by Curtis Pigman(Pigmon) » Logged

R1b1a2a1a1b3c3a L2+ Z49+ Z142+ Z150/Z12222+ (L20-,L196-,and L562-)
ysearch.org ID ZHHCY

bobbie pigmon patel

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 01:15:40 PM »

Hi Curtis, my father was Buddy Pigmon son of William (boggie Bill) Pigmon.  his mother was Nancy Ellen Slone. I looked back on a document and saw that we were married into the family of John Smith.  I also would like more info on which part of europe Pigmon came from, according to my father it was France and they had a castle but had to leave the country for some unknown reason.  I see that numerous spellings of Pigmon.  And also were we related to the Pyrmonts . How far back in hystery have you been able to go. 
Thanks,
your cousin, Bobbie Pigmon Patel
Curtis Pigman(Pigmon)
Old Hand

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 11:22:42 AM »

Greetings Cousin Bobbie,

Recently familysearch.org has posted some records of Pigman in Norfolk, England.  The earliest of these were Georges Pigman of  Hunstanton, Norfork, England.  His older records indicated that Georges was the immigrant into England and was entered into the non-conformist records of Hunstanton.  That would mean that if he did emigrate from France that he was "other than" a member of the Church of England.  There are also numerous records of the Pigman family in Norwich, Norfolk,Eng. 

The Pigmon to Pigman spelling may have changed in the 1620's so as to become more anglicized and/or to escape the persecution of the Huguenots.  In various communities of Norfolk, I have found dozens of records and I have done the family group sheets of them.  Still haven't found John Pigman the Maryland immigrant as a definite yet but there are a couple of possiblities!

"Never give up the search!"
Curtis

R1b1a2a1a1b3c3a L2+ Z49+ Z142+ Z150/Z12222+ (L20-,L196-,and L562-)
ysearch.org ID ZHHCY

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.