World Families Forums - Mark Stroud b. 1775 VA; d. bef. 1860 Lawrence Co., KY, m2. Sarah Miller

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 08:41:41 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'S'
| | |-+  Stroud (Moderator: Susan Milligan)
| | | |-+  Mark Stroud b. 1775 VA; d. bef. 1860 Lawrence Co., KY, m2. Sarah Miller
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mark Stroud b. 1775 VA; d. bef. 1860 Lawrence Co., KY, m2. Sarah Miller  (Read 359 times)
smAlwaysLooking

« on: July 16, 2014, 11:19:33 AM »

I have been researching Mark Stroud for several years.  He is the father to
an ancestor named Sally Stroud b. VA 1805; d. bef. 1880 WV.  Sally Stroud
married in 1822 Floyd Co., KY to William Nelson b. 1800 NC; d. bef. 1870 Wayne Co., WV.  Wm. Nelson was son of Emmanuel Nelson b. 1876 NC; d. abt. 1866 Wayne Co., WV.  He had a daughter named Rachel Nelson that married a William Stroud and they resided in Fayette Co., WV in the 1850's.  I have not been able to establish a concrete
familial link of William Stroud b. abt. 1798 to Sally Stroud Nelson.  Seems like they may be siblings or cousins.  John Wesley Stroud b. 1833 WV (possibly son of William Stroud/Rachel Nelson) listed he had a brother living in Wayne Co., WV on his Civil War Pension Application.

I am trying to make a connection between Sally Stroud Nelson and a
John Stroud b. 1816 VA, married Matilda Marcum and lived in Logan Co., WV in 1850 and beyond..... trying to learn if Sally and John were siblings.  As mentioned above, there was a familial
connection of a Stroud Family in Fayette Co., WV to the Wayne Co., WV Stroud's through a John Wesley Stroud and Harmon Stroud of Wayne Co., WV.

Has anyone found a Mark Stroud within their Stroud research?  Thank you
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 19 queries.