World Families Forums - Autosomal DNA Match with Joyner Ancestry

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 05:55:23 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'J'
| | |-+  Joiner (Moderator: Ray Vick)
| | | |-+  Autosomal DNA Match with Joyner Ancestry
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Autosomal DNA Match with Joyner Ancestry  (Read 902 times)
Ray Vick

« on: June 26, 2012, 03:22:19 PM »

I have several matches on Chromosome 9, between segments 82 and 92 MM both on 23&me and FTDNA.  One of those is with Richard Elliott who traces his ancestry back to Elizabeth Ricks who married Abel Olive, then back through the RICKS to Lewis Ricks who married Nancy Ann Joyner, then back to William Joyner and Mary Boddie who I believe are our common ancestors.

Me and Richard are about 8th cousins which is consistent with the strength of our autosomal dna match.  Of course it is possible our match is through other as yet unknown ancestry.  Since I have another confirmed match on this segment our common ancestry might also be with the ancestry I and this other match share, ancestry surnamed Neuschwanger.   I am waiting on confirmation that he and the other match do or do not match each other and will post once I hear.

If confirmed this will be my first autosomal dna match with someone with Joyner ancestry.

Ray Vick
San Diego
LRAYVICK@cox.net
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 18 queries.