World Families Forums - Robert Mann, Sr. circa 1642-52, Henrico, Virginia

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 02:39:10 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'M'
| | |-+  Mann (Moderator: MannAdmin)
| | | |-+  Robert Mann, Sr. circa 1642-52, Henrico, Virginia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robert Mann, Sr. circa 1642-52, Henrico, Virginia  (Read 1572 times)
raydeen2009

« on: June 18, 2012, 01:59:12 PM »

Below is a list of some of the lines desc from Robert Mann, Sr. c. 1642 (the date most commonly identified with the patriacrch, though not historically accurate) , which have been y-DNA tested as matches.
To date all the known tested Mann (s) from this line have been in the "T" group.
Robert Mann's line dates to mid 1600's in Henrico, Va growing tobacco in the southside of the James River basin and above the Appomattox River. (Origin is England)
Referred to as the "Mann triangle".
The list of desc lines known to have tested is given as a reference to those who are searching for the sources to link them to an Mann ancestor.
Kelly Shoulders
kellyky@scrtc.com

-Thomas Mann, Sr.(son of Robert Mann, Sr.), Francis S. Mann, Beverly Mann, Jackson Mann
-Francis Mann, Sr. (son of Robert Mann, Sr.), Page Mann
*-Levi Mann , Va.
*-Robert Newberry Mann, Ky
*-Charles Mann, WVa
*-William Mann, Va.
*-William Mann, N.C.
*-Field Mann, Va.
*-John Wesley Mann, Tx
*-Mann Page Vowell, Tn

Raydeen
raydeen2009

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 08:28:57 PM »

Added to the list of y-DNA lines tested to match Robert Mann, Sr. c. 1642:
-John Mann, Granville, N.C.
(desc moved to Tn)
-Beverly and Jackson Mann, Mercer, Ky.
-John Wesley Mann, Tx.

20 Sep 2013
Rickie Mann, desc of Jesse B. Mann ,son of Thomas Mann wed Prudence Blankenship, Campbell Co, Va. 1800

« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 04:33:57 PM by raydeen2009 » Logged

Raydeen
mtmann

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 07:47:14 AM »

I am confident I descend from Robert Mann Sr but would like to confirm this through DNA tests.  I have posted my results in the Mann project to compare with someone from this lineage.  How do i best compare as I cannot seem to find this on the website?

I am happy to be in direct contact

Myron Mann
mmann@lewismann.com
raydeen2009

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 04:31:25 PM »

I believe a rep from the Robert Mann, Sr. test group Paul Mann contacted you. If I am mistaken please let me know and we'll help you compare results.
On World families surname projects "Mann" check y-DNA results. Scroll down to the bottom (T1) haplo group Mann lines all go back to Robert Mann, Sr. circa 1635 VA from England.

Raydeen
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 19 queries.