World Families Forums - Hobbs Family of Georgia

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 03:34:17 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'H'
| | |-+  Hobbs (Moderator: HobbsAdmin)
| | | |-+  Hobbs Family of Georgia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hobbs Family of Georgia  (Read 1105 times)
Delores Byrd-Terry

« on: January 09, 2009, 05:40:10 PM »

Hello to each and everyone of you researchers it is going to be fun working together. I am a Hobbs and My name are Delores Byrd(Lois) Terry and I am the daughter of James Lawton Hobbs and Katie Mae Byrd. James is the son of Buster and Addie Royal Hobbs, my Great grandfather is George and Rachel Maze Hobbs and they are from around the counties of Bulloch, Candler, Coffee, Emanuel, Jefferson, Jenkins, McDuffie, Tattnall, Screven, Wayne, and Fl. I believe the Hobbs orginated from the Carolinas I am not Sure what parts they came from. My grandfather Buster (Bus) Hobbs was born abt 1895 he Died: Oct 13 1965 in Statesboro, Ga and was buried at Lakeside First Baptist Church Cemetary Metter, Ga. Militia District 58 Emanuel, and his Father George was Born abt 1865 Militia  District 58 Emanuel.  Iam looking for information on my Hobbs Ancestors so please feel free to contact me at delois_terry at yahoo.com.

I am called Lois or Dee.
JoanMillar40

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 02:19:05 AM »

There are two books written by a Ralph  Hobbs called the Hobbs family of Georgia.
These books have been most helpful to me and yet they do have some mistakes in
them. I found them in the Georgia State Archive but many libraries in Georgia have them. They may be of help to you

Joan Millar
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 19 queries.