World Families Forums - Need Help

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2014, 06:45:22 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Need Help
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need Help  (Read 467 times)
godsgirl

« on: May 04, 2012, 01:05:21 PM »

I am trying to find some info on my GGG Grandfather Gregory Hall born 1803. He was raised as a "Hall" but from the DNA testing he was born a Summer/Sumner.
My brother and a cousin both were tested and it came back with these matches and no "Hall's".
My conclusion is probably one of two things happened. Gregory was born to an unmarried female by the name of Hall with a Summer/Sumner father and he was raised with his mother's name
OR
He was adopted. He was born to Summer/Sumner parents but was adopted by a Hall family therefore given the Hall name.

According to family hx he was a descendant of William Hall from Duplin County  N.C.......there is NO proof. Can anyone help me? Thanks Faye
rms2
Board Moderator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 09:21:11 PM »

I am trying to find some info on my GGG Grandfather Gregory Hall born 1803. He was raised as a "Hall" but from the DNA testing he was born a Summer/Sumner.
My brother and a cousin both were tested and it came back with these matches and no "Hall's".
My conclusion is probably one of two things happened. Gregory was born to an unmarried female by the name of Hall with a Summer/Sumner father and he was raised with his mother's name
OR
He was adopted. He was born to Summer/Sumner parents but was adopted by a Hall family therefore given the Hall name.

According to family hx he was a descendant of William Hall from Duplin County  N.C.......there is NO proof. Can anyone help me? Thanks Faye

You could try the Family Finder test. I have had good success with it. It could give you matches with some modern Summer or Sumner people who might have a pedigree that would help. There are no guarantees with anything, however.

godsgirl

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 04:12:33 PM »

Thank you. My female cousin just did the Family Finder and came back with 22 pages of names !

There is only one Summer there but there are a few Hall's.  Therefore, confirming my hunch that maybe Gregory was born to a Hall female and fathered by a Summer/Sumner man...???

Just have to find the connection.........like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Thanks
Faye
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 18 queries.