World Families Forums - Iranian R1b

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 12:43:49 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  R1b General (Moderator: rms2)
| | |-+  Iranian R1b
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Iranian R1b  (Read 566 times)
intrestedinhistory
Old Hand

« on: May 07, 2012, 09:23:52 PM »

What is its origin?

I once reason a post by Humanist on here which said Assyrian deported Syrians to the Zagros. Could this be responsible for some clades of R1b in Iran ? What was the effect of this deportation on Iran?
Humanist
Old Hand

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 09:38:37 PM »

What is its origin?

I once reason a post by Humanist on here which said Assyrian deported Syrians to the Zagros. Could this be responsible for some clades of R1b in Iran ? What was the effect of this deportation on Iran?

Assyrians deported many people to many places.  The more ancestral types (i.e. DYS393=12) are more frequent in the Caucasus, Armenian Highland, and NW Iran (among other areas).  Syria, or at least Syrian Alawites, possess haplotypes that are a mix between "European" and ancestral types.  If Syrians were deported to Iran, and had a lasting impact, I would expect to find more of the "European" variety haplotypes in Iran.  We do not find such haplotypes in great numbers.  Or, at least not yet.  
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 09:46:22 PM by Humanist » Logged

intrestedinhistory
Old Hand

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 10:26:22 PM »

What is its origin?

Assyrians deported many people to many places.  The more ancestral types (i.e. DYS393=12) are more frequent in the Caucasus, Armenian Highland, and NW Iran (among other areas).  Syria, or at least Syrian Alawites, possess haplotypes that are a mix between "European" and ancestral types.  If Syrians were deported to Iran, and had a lasting impact, I would expect to find more of the "European" variety haplotypes in Iran.  We do not find such haplotypes in great numbers.  Or, at least not yet.  

True. Did it happen though? I forget that the Zagros stretch into Iraq don't they so zero impact on Iranians. But I recall their was a second peak of R1b in Iran in Khuzestan.

Who knows if it did make an impact on iran?

What about J1b and how it was affected by deportations?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 04:21:21 PM by intrestedinhistory » Logged
Humanist
Old Hand

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 06:04:50 PM »

What is its origin?

True. Did it happen though? I forget that the Zagros stretch into Iraq don't they so zero impact on Iranians. But I recall their was a second peak of R1b in Iran in Khuzestan.

NW Iran, to me, includes all of what is today West Azerbaijan Province, extending to the Caspian.  The birthplace of many of my family members, the resting place of many of my family members, and the current home of a few of my family members.  The "fuzzy" boundaries are to the north and northwest (SE Turkey), and west (NE Syria).  The Iraq/Iran border, in my opinion, remains a decent demarcation of old Persia/Iran and old Mesopotamia.  

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 06:06:24 PM by Humanist » Logged

intrestedinhistory
Old Hand

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 10:57:03 PM »

What is its origin?

NW Iran, to me, includes all of what is today West Azerbaijan Province, extending to the Caspian.  The birthplace of many of my family members, the resting place of many of my family members, and the current home of a few of my family members.  The "fuzzy" boundaries are to the north and northwest (SE Turkey), and west (NE Syria).  The Iraq/Iran border, in my opinion, remains a decent demarcation of old Persia/Iran and old Mesopotamia.  

Ok. I just hear of a lot of Armenian claims to West Azerbaijan province. Are Golestan and Mazandaran  included in your defnition? both places similar to iranian Azerbaijan in terms of ydna  and R1b  and language if we consider Old Azari the native language of West Azerbaijan province.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 18 queries.