World Families Forums - Genetic Distance

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 12, 2014, 01:58:53 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Genetic Distance
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Genetic Distance  (Read 483 times)
benderpainter

« on: April 26, 2012, 01:42:02 PM »

I have a 37 Marker Y-Dna test and with it have gotten matches that proved my line back to the immigrant. Now I have by paper trail traced my Bender line back to Baden to a Wolffgang Bender who was born about 1620. I am now attempting to use Dna to prove this line. There is another American Bender family that originates in a village less than 10 miles away, two of that family have been tested. The first Y-Dna 12 Marker marched 7 of 12 the second, Y-Dna 37 matched 24 of 37 a genetic distance of 13. I am only interested in a connection of any type.

Is there any evidence of a very distant match?

Mark
WebMaster
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 02:34:44 PM »

No.  GD=13 at 37 markers is not relevant in the surname era. 

You'd need to see something like GD=4 at 37 markers.  If it was GD=5 or 6, the recommendation would be to compare at 67 markers.

Keep in mind that one result per earliest ancestor doesn't define them.  To be confident that you have the correct profile for an ancestor, you need descendants of two of his sons to be matching. 

If you want the ancestor's precise profile, you'll need to have descendants of three known son lines matching and then assign the ancestor the value carried by at least two of the son lines.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 17 queries.