World Families Forums - What does the paper of Afghan Y demonstrate?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 01:04:46 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  What does the paper of Afghan Y demonstrate?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What does the paper of Afghan Y demonstrate?  (Read 529 times)
Maliclavelli
Guru

« on: March 29, 2012, 10:07:00 AM »

What does the paper of Afghan Y demonstrate?
Marc Haber et al., Afghanistan's Ethnic Groups Share a Y-Chromosomal Heritage Structured by Historical Events, (PLoS ONE doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0034288)

1)   the flop of every Dienekes’ theory about Greeks expanded West or East of Greece.
“Greek populations are not homogeneous in their haplogroup E frequencies, so it would be useful to consider the possibility that the lack of this frequent Southeastern European haplogroup in South Asia may not reflect a complete lack of Greek influence in this region, but rather, an influence from a structured ancient Greek population”. Not for nothing we call “on the Greek calends” what is delayed to a time that will never come.

2)   “Paucity of R1b, except in a couple Uzbeks and a Tajik” says Dienekes. Actually there are 3 R1b1a2* M269 (xU106) (32,35, 181), really R-L23+, the only one diffused in Middle East, which have nothing to do with the European subclades, and 2 R1b1a* P297 (xM269) (26,134), really R-M73, both the same haplotype.

This makes very unlikely that hg.R1b was born in Central Asia and even less in the Iranian or Caucasian region.

Maliclavelli

YDNA: R-S12460

MtDNA: K1a1b1e

Maliclavelli
Guru

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 12:07:25 PM »

Sam Vass writes on eng.molgen: “So, Balkh, Mazar-e Sharif is European??
sam”

Sam, the data are these: Afghanistan gets a little bit hg. R1b1a2, whereas it gets all the other Middle Easterner or Asian haplogroups, then that the subclades from R1b1* to the most diffused European subclades were born there is very unlikely and then no link with Gedrosia and Indo-European languages from there.

Three R-L23+ of Eastern haplotype and 2 R-M73+ of the Asian haplotype (but there is also an European haplotype I have written a lot about and I esteem more varied and more ancient) are actually very few. And we should clear what DMXX does mean when he says in his blog that ”R*-M207 [and other haplogroups] indicate that Afghanistan played an important role in the demic development of their downstream subclades, or was at the very least a geographic nexus”.
The haplogroup R*-M207 (xM173,M124) (and another sample from Sengupta et a. (2006-07) and another from Firasal et al. (2007)) demonstrates its presence there, being probably born in Central Asia like Q*, but it doesn’t demonstrate anything about the subclades, being ancient and diffused all over the world, till South Africa. There are a few samples on the R* Project at FTDNA (153984, Noorani, Pakistan; N63448, Badakhshani, Tajikistan; N65097, Ranjit, India; N77374, Unknown origin; N16491 Sri Lanka) and other three I have found on SMGF, one of them from Italy: ySearch UE7XB (Greselle, Italy); ZJDXQ (Anonymous from Pakistan); JNB58 (Anonymous from China).
The same DMXX says about the R-M269 found in Central Asia: “How did these lineages arrive to Central Asia? Is recent colonial admixture a possibility?”

I have demonstrated ad abundantiam in the past that the R1b1* of Middle East aren’t the ancestor of the European subclades, having YCAII= 21-23 or 23-23 and not 18-23 (or 18-22) which is the ancestor of R1b1a2-M269. The last paper about the presence of African mt-s in Europe from  at least 11,000YBP due to European colonization of North Africa and the coming back to Europe has given another chance to my theory that R1b1* (yours) migrated to North Africa by sea from Italy (or Iberia), theory that also Fulvio Cruciani took in consideration, and this last paper could be a proof.

Maliclavelli

Maliclavelli
Guru

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 04:08:19 PM »

DMXX writes on eng.molgen: “It would have been far more ideal for Haber et al. to have utilized L23, L50, or any other upstream marker for that matter. Vineviz (he may correct me if he is present) once opined over a year ago on DNA-Forums that several of his Central Asian R1b-M269's gave him reason to believe ancient Jewish ancestry was a possibility. I suppose the U106- result allows that (as well as any other explanation for R1b-M269 appearing in Central Asia during ancient times) to remain a possibility. Particularly as you are suggesting these haplotypes are in fact R1b1a2-L23”.

What are you asking to Vineviz? It is better he keeps away. See the last mess about the LoPiccolo haplotype, I have spoken about a lot on other forums. Also at FTDNA they continue to misunderstand L50 and S136 (my final SNP): L50 is a mutation on rs13303711, my S136 (tested by EthnoAncestry) is a deletion of 9bp in the same region. Anyway these SNPs have no meaning in our discussion, because they are recent and don’t say anything about the most ancient R-L23.
It would be interesting to test these R-L23-s for L584, diffused amongst the Eastern R-L23. Anyway the last tests have demonstrated that L584 has nothing to do with the supposed “ten tribes”. I have already said that Middle East has many R-L23 (many of them are also L584), but they have nothing to do with the Western European subclades. Anyway they are above all Armenians (in Armenia and nearby), and could have come to East from the Balkans, where Armenians came from. There isn’t any R-L51, the ancestor of all the Western European subclades, which reaches the 4% in Italy, and 0,3% out of it, Eastward and Westward. For this I am saying from many years that R1b1a2 and subclades comes from Italy, or anyway Western Europe. If it would be true that these haplogroups, from R1b1a2-M269 to all the subclades, were born in Middle East, we should have found in Afghanistan more haplotypes, and above all the pathway of the whole haplogroup, which lacks in all Middle East, and it is present in Italy and Western Europe. Of course the proof will be the aDNA, and my critics say that the most ancient R1b in Western Europe is 3000 years old, but do you know a most ancient R1b found elsewhere?

Maliclavelli

Maliclavelli
Guru

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 03:38:44 AM »

Newtoboard says on eng.molgen:

“How would you explain the M269 in the middle east then? It def did not come from Italy and go to the middle east”

My response (à la Klyosov):

“Def”: does it mean “definitely”? Then: it is overwhelmingly demonstrated that Jews get many R haplotypes, but pretty all belong to young haplotypes with a MRCA not older than 1000 years. What does it mean? Probably that they are introgressed single persons. The other explication is the theory of the bottleneck which would have killed the most part of them. Anyway any pathway which would demonstrate an ancient presence of these haplogroups lacks. Then we should investigate every haplogroup and every haplotype.
Let’s consider Jewish R-M269*. If you look at the Jewish R-M269* in the “ht 35 project” it is easy demonstrable that they belong to the same haplotype and have a recent common ancestor. The rule is confirmed.
They go from Gdala (Blacher) to Eli Gershko Shor. Already Crenson, believed of Jewish origin but I think without any reason, belongs to another haplotype. Then there was only one person R-M269* introgressed. Where did he come from?
Probably if you read the paper about Jewish autosome

http://www.biology-direct.com/content/5/1/57

you have some indication as where to look for.

Maliclavelli

Maliclavelli
Guru

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 03:43:26 AM »

Newtoboard says on eng.molgen:

“Since when does Jews =Middle Eastern.
You think the vast amounts of R1b-M269 in the Druze, Assyrians, Iranians, Armenians, Anatolians is from Italy?
Bold statement. And very much a fringe theory”.

My response:

I was speaking of single haplogroups and haplotypes. If we consider R-M269*, my theory is that it arose from an R1b1* (we haven’t find so far for what I know any R-P297*) with YCAII=18-23 (or the sister-clade 18-22), present in Western Europe (both only in Italy) and not in Middle East and the Italian clade with YCAII with 17-23 is the most ancient witness. My theory also presupposes that the Italian Mangino (actually the Tuscan Mancini), put erroneously amongst the R-M269* in the “ht 35 project”, if he is really tested M269*, as FTDNA says, having a haplotype closer to R1b1* than to R-M269*, is probably the first of an intermediate SNP between R1b1* and R-M269*, demonstrating , like the Italian Romitti, one out of two L150- found so far, where is the pathway of this haplogroup, i.e. in Italy. Of course any letter I wrote to the same Mangino, to Vizachero by offering a contribute of mine for testing him again (and how much would be interesting an FTY or other?) hadn’t so far any reply. But I have, in Tuscany, many relatives of his and I am ready to test them by another company.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 04:23:35 AM by Maliclavelli » Logged

Maliclavelli

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 17 queries.