World Families Forums - Howard Family, Wisconsin, 1862+

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 10:49:02 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Howard Family, Wisconsin, 1862+
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Howard Family, Wisconsin, 1862+  (Read 312 times)
Twincol

« on: March 25, 2012, 11:37:46 AM »

I am not quite sure if this information is of interest to "The Howards," but having solved a genealogy research problem with my British family after arriving in New York, 1850, I learned that the wife/mother and children were left without their head of household the first month they were here.  The head of household died within a month of arrival and I found the family in Racine in 1850 and 1860 census, losing them after that.

I ultimately discovered that they had changed their name through the Wisconsin legislature process.  That new name was "Howard."  

So . . . anyone searching for this Howard family pre-1862 Racine, WI, will hit a brick wall unless they know of the name change.  

Any thoughts about how I might make this information available to any researching this family?  I would be happy to attach a copy of the WI Legislature listing with the relevant family members, old name, dates, etal from the Legislature documentation as a document if such attachments are possible.  

Any wisdom here?  

Linda
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 11:41:28 AM by Twincol » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 17 queries.