World Families Forums - Masovian region in modern Poland

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2016, 12:22:26 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Geographic Projects
| | |-+  Masovian Nobility
| | | |-+  Masovian region in modern Poland
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Masovian region in modern Poland  (Read 939 times)
supertigerCH

« on: March 14, 2012, 03:59:28 PM »

While in the past the area called Masovia (Mazovia) had particular borders... in modern Poland that geographical area is (more or less) found in:

Masovian Voivodship
Warmian-Masurian Voivodship
Podlaskie Voivodship

All of which can be found in the north-eastern part of the country.

For those who have an ancestral connection to Masovian nobility... which cities or villages do your families come from (or which did they live the closest to)?  What voivodships or counties are those places part of now (in modern Poland)?

Y-DNA: N-L551
mtDNA: H11a
ctamara456

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 06:04:14 PM »

This is my first post.  I have been researching my genealogy for a number of years  of which most of the time was spent trying to get past the brick wall my grandparents left me.  My grandparents both died before I was born.  One thing I did inherit was determination and pride.  With this combo I finally broke through.    Additionally, the documents I started to gather had terminology such as well born, noble and so far they date back to late 1700s and 1850s or so.  The towns I came across were Grudusk, Zarnowa, Zaboklik Wielke,Dziergowo, etc.  I am an only child, girl so was unable to try and join the project,however before I discovered through my mtdna test, Larry Mayka,volunteer coordinator of the Polish project found out I was a direct match to Barbara Waczenrode, Nicolas Copernicus mother.  I hope you wil include women as much as possible in the project after all Marie Leszczynska was the daughter of the Polish king, and Queen of France by her marriage to LOUIS XV???
Carol Tamara
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 18 queries.