World Families Forums - N in central and south asia

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 04:22:02 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  N and Subclades
| | |-+  N in central and south asia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: N in central and south asia  (Read 1126 times)
intrestedinhistory
Old Hand

« on: May 08, 2012, 09:00:57 PM »

does this exist either in various asian clades or n1c-tat? does this indicate finno ugric admixture in indo -iranians or tocharians? did that happen anyways.
supertigerCH

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 04:50:48 AM »

although i hear sometimes about y-DNA haplogroup N in central asia... i haven't heard much about it in south asia (although i guess it's possible).

as far as your question goes... i don't know if i have enough knowledge to answer that in good detail.  maybe some of our other intelligent friends in the forum will be able to jump in and help with this.

usually when i hear anything about the Tocharians...  archaeology often speculates that they have similarities (at least visually) to some Celtic cultures.  Would this mean that y-DNA is primarily haplogroup R?

even if it was...  i guess there could be some "N" in the population also (since the people in question would have had to move/migrate through central asia).  a lot of this would, of course, depend on the dates of different human migrations...

(which are not coming to my memory right now... maybe i will go look up some of these again.  the haplogroups of different peoples in history... are still speculative at this point though... in so many cases)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 01:36:12 AM by supertigerCH » Logged

Y-DNA: N-L551
mtDNA: H11a
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 18 queries.